Modding Help I think I broke Json Assets & Spacecore: "Event Errors"

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SeitenTaiseiSonGoku, Dec 28, 2019.

1. SeitenTaiseiSonGoku

SeitenTaiseiSonGoku Master Chief

Maybe this is just the mods themselves that still have bugs, but I'm worried I broke the Json Assets and Spacecore somehow, possibly by taking other Mod's PNG files, and renaming/adding them as skins to Adopt N' Skin, or straight up completely replacing some mod sprites with other PNG sprite's from different ones and renaming them. (Attempted to replace Krobus w/ Krobus Elf PNG, he's cut in half?) So I'm wondering if this could cause the problem? Worried bc I've been moving sprites since before I downloaded J.A and Spacecore and have NEVER gotten either of them to run without failing in smapi despite updating everything recommended by the Smapi log; including Content Patcher and Deep Woods to be safe. Yet, it's still crashing and giving me the same errors as it always has so far ever since I downloaded them; so for the past maybe week or so?

Json Assets gives me: This mod failed in the Specialized.LoadStageChanged event. Technical details:
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path1
    at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)" Etc.

Spacecore gives me: "This mod failed in the GameLoop.SaveLoaded event. Technical details:
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path1" etc.

I have honestly been trying for literal IRL MONTHS to get different, cute outfits as I am new to mods, as I've been on sick leave and this game is my escape; and I'm so frustrated, I've been up for 2 days and 2 nights now because I can't sleep either...I'm legitimately near tears and I just need to solve this problem.... I've posted on the Nexus comments page with logs for help, never got any answers or replies. I do know that multiple people were having the same issue before, but now I don't know if it's just me having this issue and if I somehow corrupted my entire mod file or something since I haven't seen anybody but me lately talking about this....but It certainly feels like it's only me....So could someone, please, I am begging you....would someone please be kind enough to take some time and help me? (Also, just to make sure I'm using Json Assets correctly so I can actually wear the clothes if I ever get Json Assets fixed...I extract the zip files, drop them in mods, and I also have Customize Anywhere and CJB Item Spawner, but none of the clothing items show up in either, am I doing this correctly?)
    Here's my log:: https://smapi.io/log/c18a7a5a06994d6b9fd6acaeb9467330
    I'm running Windows 10.

Thank you to anyone who reads this and is willing to offer any assistance! I'm immensely grateful!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@SeitenTaiseiSonGoku Yes, what you've done is going to mess things up. Elven Krobus needs to be a Smapi mod to work - it changed the size of his character sprites, something you can't normally do. Editing things for AdoptnSkin shouldn't affect JA, although it might cause other problems. For starters: Verify your game files. Then, if you don't have any custom items, remove JA and all the JA packs; make sure your save will load correctly. If your save is okay, you can think about reinstalling Json Assets and your clothing packs. However, you'll need a new mod: TailorMouse - a ClothingShop, to get the clothes into the game so you can buy them, rather than spawn them into the game. Make sure you install all the mods needed for it; there's also a list of clothing packs that it supports. If your save doesn't work, though, I suggest joining the SdV discord and asking for help in the modding channel.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
      • SeitenTaiseiSonGoku

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Q^Q What's weird is I verified the game files with Spacecore, JA, and Elven Krobus as well, and it didn't come back with any errors. =,=? Weird...I wonder why. But ok...I'll install TailorMouse to see if that allows me to get the outfits! And I'll delete my handsome Krobus...I really wish I could have kept him though...(I made a custom version by combining the Moss sprite skin color with the Vampire Sprite color hair and eyes! I was super proud of it. TwT) I'll update once I do everything! Again, I CANNOT thank you enough! QwQ

• SeitenTaiseiSonGoku

Update: TwT.....Sadly, it didn't work. Spacecore and JA are still failing....so no stand for clothes or cute hats, or a cool knife in my head to wear as I ride on my flame demon horse. T^T ...It got to the point where I removed EVERY mod, except JA, Spacecore, the Smapi console Commands, and the Content Patcher (and only now am I remembering did I swap out two monster XNB files so I could have Wendigos) and they still failed in an "event error"; (but the Wendigo mod was updated and should work in 1.4 and not cause either of those mods to fail I'd think?)

Any thing else that could fix the issue? Or is this a bug at this point?
          https://smapi.io/log/6fbbd20cd67347f19135fc58c559b8ca

Thank you for the help again!

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Verify your content files and try again. Also, try on a new save; something is null and shouldn't be?

• SeitenTaiseiSonGoku

I verified my game files before I undid some stuff with mods, added some and in the end moved the majority out bc I can't back up my game without verifying my game files first. No problems before I took anything out. Just verified them again. "2 files failed to validate and will be reacquired." Only time any file has ever failed to validate before. Clicked it again: Verified! Tried current save. Same Errors. Tried old save (Year 1 Day 6, it hadn't been touched by any mods ever.) Same errors.

Then I tried created a new save file like you suggested....Never failed; no errors. Swapped to my current file. Both JA and Spacecore failed again within seconds as usual. Why is it doing this though? I don't understand, what's broken that a new save has, that the current one doesn't????? My time on that one save is 190:19 though Q~Q Is there a way to fix my save or will I have to COMPLETELY start over? Thank you so much for your help BTW!! I really appreciate it!

• Wingyl

Wingyl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The broken thing is probably a corrupted save, possibly due to the messed up files and possibly due to removing a lot of mods if they added custom content or touched the save seralizer.

Post your save somewhere to be fixed? I am not versed in the art of save editing but a lot of people on the forum and in the Stardew Valley discord are.

• SeitenTaiseiSonGoku

Come to think of it...my PC did randomly shut down while I was playing the game before and it completely deleted my save file entirely....MouseyPounds was kind enough to get it back so it would actually pull up in SDV and be a playable file again for me though!

Thank you so much for the advice! I'll go do that now! Fingers crossed it can be fixed!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019