1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback I Quit

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FoxDE2, Jul 14, 2019.

1. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to tell people how to fix the glitch that almost made me quit my game:

Make a copy of your universe folder if you haven't done so already. I store mine on an offline external harddrive personally. If you lose your bookmarks/teleport data/the ark resets itself, copy your universe files to your:

C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Starbound\Storage folder and hope that it fixes it the way that I had.

That should fix up this glitch that nearly wiped my entire universe clean.

Since I didn't have to restart from scratch, I intend to keep playing and talking here as well :)

Edit: I wanted to let the devs know, that when my universe was reset, the lag went away nearly 100%. The problem is that Starbound is remembering too many things at the same time. You need to make it so that it doesn't remember quite as much information, so that it doesn't lag so badly.

I fixed the problem and posted the answer in the other thread. I was in a really bad way, but I'm feeling better now, so I'd like to offer a tip for Bounty Hunting:

If you use a capture pod on the monster instead of killing it, it counts as killing it. I got a Fire Lilodon this way :) It also gave me the credits and the pixels for defeating it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2019
    Wa.luigi.time likes this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Threads merged, please stay with one thread instead.

Regards
    Iris