1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I/O Error In RemotePacketSocket::ReceiveData Software Closed Connection

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Snowpup, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

What exactly triggers this? Just someone logging out?

Quick test yielded nothing like you are experiencing. Using SG-U3

EDIT:

Ok, so in messing with an unrelated thing, I think I stumbeled upon a possible cause.

I started my server and I could connect just fine. It wasnt untill I was doing a port check via the port scanner from whatsmyip.org that I noticed the message appear in the server console. After that, I could no longer log in.

Perhaps it is whatever thing you are using to check the server status that is causing this error? A bug that was just introduced in the last update?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. sethjd

sethjd Void-Bound Voyager

i Dont think it is are sever status checker as we both use difrent ones. snowpus said his sends tcp packets to cheack the server where mine doesn't do that. also they check every fu mins or so and the error shows up completely random as when it can happen. might happen with in an hr of server reset or within 10hrs of the server running.

3. lazarus78

I wouldn't rule this out yet though. The fact still stand, I get the same issue when I used a port scanner. I'd wager someone could do this to any server and bring it down.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  4. sethjd

edit removed

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  5. lazarus78

OK, check it now?

I am using an app on my tablet called network tools.

6. sethjd

[19:57:14.973] Warn: I/O error in RemotePacketSocket::sendData, closing: (NetworkException) tcp send error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    yer that did it. thats crazy you can bring the server down with a simple scan like that

edit
    i restarted try again plz :)

7. lazarus78

Try now.

That is crazy. I happened by chance to discover a server breaking bug. Never thought I'd be the one to find such a thing.

8. sethjd

yep
    [20:14:37.367] Warn: I/O error in RemotePacketSocket::receiveData, closing: (NetworkException) tcp recv error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

this is just crazy!!!

9. lazarus78

No kidding. Someone should tweet this thread to tiy. This is literally game breaking.

10. sethjd

ok so apparently there was an update at some point. now running Spirited Giraffe - Update 3' Revision. sorry to be a pain but can you try crash the server again plz :)

11. lazarus78

I'll crash anything I can :rofl:

I've already crashed my own server running SG-U3

Check now.

12. sethjd

yer still the same :(

13. lazarus78

What to do with this new found knowledge? Crash ALL the servers!

14. sethjd

only ywindows servers yer? and most big servers are running Linux

15. lazarus78

Are we sure its only windows?

16. sethjd

ok so as a temp fix i made a small .bat file to place where the server log file is. i am very new at this so if you think you can improve on in plz tell me. also been crashing like crazy all day since we found this out :(
    Code:
    @echo off
    :start
    >nul find "I/O error in RemotePacketSocket::receiveData, closing: (NetworkException) tcp recv error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine." starbound_server.log && (
    TASKKILL /F /im starbound_server.exe
    echo Server Quit!
    PING -n 41 127.0.0.1>nul
    start starbound_server.exe
    PING -n 61 127.0.0.1>nul
    goto start
    ) || (
    echo No Error waiting 40 seconds
    PING -n 41 127.0.0.1>nul
    goto start
    )

17. lazarus78

I know like... not much about bat files and commands. (And I work in IT too!)

At first glance, im guessing its searching for that message every 40 second, and if so, restart the server?

18. sethjd

Yep that's what it. Been running it for hrs now so far it's worked good!

lazarus78 likes this.
  19. lazarus78

A good quick fix I guess.

20. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

I've notified Omni of this issue; Kyren or he should be working on it shortly. :)

sethjd and lazarus78 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.