1. Welcome to the Wargroove support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://wargroove.com/support

Bug/Issue I need support, just purchased game, launch bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nova Kin, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Nova Kin

Nova Kin Space Hobo

Does this forum, or the email: support@chucklefish.org have actual support over the weekend?

I sent a email with my details and haven't gotten a reply yet. I even posted my dxdiag.txt on the steam forum support, with no reply yet...

anyways... Should I expect to get this problem resolved anytime soon?

Or should I refund my Wargroove-PC purchase on steam, and buy it on my Wargroove-Switch instead?

Steam link:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/607050/discussions/1/3247565033760442884/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2019
    • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

There is rarely weekend support for issues. People have lives outside of their jobs and the also need sleep. Just be patient for now. I'm sure they'll look into your issue as soon as they can. I can't comment on how quickly they can fix it but rest assured they will look into when they can.

• Nova Kin

Nova Kin Space Hobo

I was curious, launched Starbound and that game still works fine.

I read in a month old thread that the controller being the problem, but I have no plugged in controllers. It might be that one time I plugged my Nintendo-Switch pro controller into the USB port to test play a game on steam. It could be the settings changed to get that controller to work... Maybe?

• Nova Kin

Nova Kin Space Hobo

So, is this the indirect way of telling customers to just refund the game if it does not work?

• Nova Kin

Nova Kin Space Hobo

So, if nobody is responding to my request for support, while wanting to purchase the game... Does this mean the Moderators are working for free, unrelated to the company?

Because, I would believe at least one person would have said something to the company by now....

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Be patient, friend. I guess they are very very busy right now.

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

Heya, sorry for the lack of support you've been getting. The entire company has recently been at the GDC vent in America, and haven't been able to get online much this week.
                Also, no, we don't work weekends (although sometimes I do just in case in my free time, but I don't have access to the emails)

Could you upload your DX diag over to here for me, and do you get a log report in %appdata%\chucklefish\Wargroove at all?
                Have you gone through the general 'how to fix this' list of troubleshooting on the steam forum, as well as the stuff posted on this forum?
                Make sure Windows is completely updated, and you have all the correct drivers by Running sfc /SCANNOW in the command prompt; this will find and replace any corrupted files that might be causing the issue

If none of these work, I'll sit with you and try some more trouble shooting. However please be aware that there are some machines right now that are completely unable to launch, and I honestly have no idea why.
                If you don't want to go through with it all, by all means request a refund and go for Switch. I'm sorry for all the trouble this is causing, we believe it's an issue with Visual Studio, which unfortunately we have no control over.

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Correct. Moderators are volunteers and not Chucklefish employees.

• Nova Kin

Nova Kin Space Hobo

I just checked my email, and there is no official reply from support@chucklefish.org yet... Let me know when they are back from their vacation.

• Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Why don't you post everything from your email here, in this thread. @Shubeans already told you to post it here, right?

• Shubeans

Shubeans QA Wizard Chucklefish

I'm the one that deals with support for Wargroove. Emails, Forums, Steam, Reddit all go through me, and I'm back from GDC.

I found your DxDiag, it would be great if you have a log file at all you can send over to me; if the game doesn't launch it probably doesn't produce one, but if steam is saying you've got some time logged, it might be producing a log still.

According to the error message, your VCRUNTIME140 is missing, to solve this problem you may need to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++, https://www.chip.de/downloads/Visual-C-2010-Express_24081894.html

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019