Modding Help I need someone to help me to increase the inventory bag slots!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Alaswing, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Alaswing

Alaswing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, i hope you have a good day, im having a hard time using some fun mods like FU cause they add a lot of new reagents, and the inventory becomes tiny with this lot of new items, so ive been trying to increase the dimensions of the bags in the inventory of the player without succes, im stuck i dont know what else to do, can you guys help me out¡?

i found this inside \interface\windowconfig\playerinventory.config

Code:
    "reagentItemGrid" : {
    "type" : "itemgrid",
    "position" : [6, 29],
    "dimensions" : [10, 4],
    "spacing" : [19, 19],
    "backingImage" : "/interface/inventory/empty.png"
    },

i tried to change the dimensions to 10, 5, but i get a crash when i press i to open the inventory

thanks in advance, and sorry about my bad english!

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Look in your starbound.log for the error. That will help you figure out what went wrong.

3. Littleman9Mew2

Littleman9Mew2 Zero Gravity Genie

The inventory....well that's a hard one for me.
    I'll take this like I had with containers.

For containers, there's a spot inside the .object file that controls how many slot there are max, and additional slots by changing item grid sizes causes some very glitchy behavior when above this value. The inventory may have the same issue, now I"m not sure where it's located if it exists, but I'll tell you now, it's NOT inside the same file as the item grid. If you do fine something along the lines of "itemslots":## change the dimensions to that of what you want and the itemslots to that of the exact amount of slots.

(Also a TIP for containers when/if you make one!)

4. Alaswing

thanks for the suggestions, still cant find anything

5. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

I tried doing this myself a couple weeks back and got stuck in same spot you're in. I didn't find anything on how to get it to work but I didn't really have a chance to really get into it either. I'll poke around some more and see if I can pull anything up.

Alaswing likes this.
  6. Alaswing

i hope you find anything new!

7. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

I didn't find anything new.