1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

I messed up my save file, help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hayzel, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Hayzel

Hayzel Aquatic Astronaut

Hey there! In an attempt to reset my achievements to have them awarded on steam I edited my save file using the guide found here. Now it crashes when it tries to load. Oops. Specifically I was editing the house upgrade achievements and number thingies. Of course I didn't make a backup like the guide told me too. I am certain this is my fault and is a simple typo or error somewhere. I am on win 7 pc and here is the error log I get. Thank you so much for any help!

InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Maps\FarmHouse4.xnb". File not found.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.Locations.FarmHouse.setMapForUpgradeLevel(Int32 level, Boolean persist)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.loadDataToLocations(List`1 gamelocations)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__51.MoveNext()
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

If you want to upload your whole savefile; I can try fixing it.
      It looks like the location data for your farmhouse was damaged when editing. It thinks there's an extra farmhouse map, but since it can't find one to load it's crashing instead.

• Hayzel

Hayzel Aquatic Astronaut

• MysticTempest

Alrighty, sorry for the late reply. I was taking a look at your savefile, and it loaded fine for me after I recreated the SaveGameInfo. So I started messing with a few things to try to recreate what you did, and finally was able to reproduce your bug after sleeping & starting a new day. It was a little different than the error I initially thought it was related to.

Anyway, I reverted your original file's house level back to what it should be. And, it should let you load going forward. But, give it a try, and let me know for sure.

Attached Files:

• Hayzel

Hayzel Aquatic Astronaut

Ahh no worries, that seems to have fixed it! Thank you so very very much :D I can save and everything, thank you so much!

• MysticTempest

Ah, good to hear. And, yea no prob! I'm glad I could help. ^-^

• ~P+Zeuq~

~P+Zeuq~ Space Hobo

MysticTempest, please help me too. I have the same error as his. Message: Error loading "Maps\FarmHouse4". File not found,
              Should you consider lending a hand I'll upload the games files.
              I'm on the 22nd of Spring and it is the last day for the house upgrade (addition of cellar). I went to sleep, had the notification it saved but then the game crashes immediately after that, 'Stardew Valley has stopped working". I reopened the game but whenever I load my saved game, it will loopg to the opening screen of Stardew, the one with the rat(?) face on a window.

I really do hope you'll help me. Please. Itll be the best Christmas present. :'((

• MysticTempest

Oh hey, sorry for the late reply. If you still need help; feel free to send the savefile my way.

• fudgebucket21

fudgebucket21 Void-Bound Voyager

What's the fix that's being done for this?