1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue I lost my save game after my computer crashed.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by _Yuukifeya_, Jul 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. _Yuukifeya_

_Yuukifeya_ Big Damn Hero

• Can i recover it? It sill have a saved files in storage but i doesn't show in game.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It seems it is broken. Beside your save files there should be 3 addtional files for each character and shipworld (.bak1 -3) bak1 is always the latest backup. Delete the corrupted one and rename the backup file to the "normal" file.

Example:
    Code:
    someID.player
    someID.player.bak1
    someID.player.bak2
    someID.player.bak3
    and
    Code:
    someID.shipworld
    someID.shipworld.bak1
    someID.shipworld.bak2
    someID.shipworld.bak3
    Delete someID.player (someID will be your character ID) and copy the someID.player.bak1 to someID.player
    If your ship is broken too do the same with the appropriate shipworld file.

To determine the broken char you can open your starbound.log in any text editor of your choice (i'd recommend notepad++ because of line breaks). There will somewhere be an error with a character that can't be loaded and will display it's id.
    You can also attach the log and i'll take a look and search for the id in your log. But this step is not necessary when you only have one character since there will be only one id and then there is no need to search this id in the log ;)

~ Iris ~

3. _Yuukifeya_

Something wrong. I tried to play after i used those backup files. I lost all of my world and my bookmarks. Is i do something wrong?

4. Iris Blanche

It seems that your universe got corrupted too due this crash. Some said that there should be .FAIL files. I don't know if it work for them when you rename them to the old ones.
    The someID.clientcontext is the file holding the bookmark infos. The file universe.dat holds the flags for the outpost. The file universe.chunks seem to hold the position and the planet types for each system and their names.
    The rest are the planets you visited.
    I don't know if it work when copying the .FAIL files to the normal ones but you could give it a try :)

~ Iris ~

5. _Yuukifeya_

I think it can't be recover (for now) but i'm not serious. Don't worry, I can always start a new one!

6. Iris Blanche

I'd recommend doing manual backups after each session you play. So you would loose only the progress of the session in which it comes to crashes or a power outtage.

~ Iris ~