1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I lost my bookmarks and teleport things please help!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by creeper22, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creeper22

creeper22 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Title basically so I was on SB and the power went out when I came back on later and went to go to one of my town's using the teleporter I noticed that they were all gone so i went to my captain's chair to go back to those planets and noticed the bookmarks were gone to and I don't know what to do please help!

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

So you need the coordinates right? Good news is that you can access them ;)
    In your "giraffe_storage" folder in your starbound installation path (usuallly "C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\starbound" unless you're using a different library path or installed it elsewhere) you'll find a "universe" folder. This folder holds all planets. The first 2 numbers match the coordinates of the system.
    For example: You have a world file named "538980712_905729826_-217128808_5.world" the coordinates should be X: 538980712 and Y: 905729826

Normally the bookmarks are stored inside your player file. So it looks like the file was slightly damaged. You can also restore an older backup of your player file (head to the player folder instead of the universe folder).
    If you have only one character you will only find filenames with the same id.
    For example: You have a player file named "06312038230c36e9f532cf0e14ad04ca.player" there will be other files with that id too. There is 1 player file and 3 backups and 1 shipworld file and 3 backups for each id.

If you have more than one character you'll first have to find out the id for each character. First you need the order of your characters in your character selection screen. Head back to the player folder where you will find a file named "metadata". Open this file in a text editor of your choice.
    The contents will look like this:
    Code:
    {"order":["06312038230c36e9f532cf0e14ad04ca","more ids goes here","and more"]}
    The order inside this file should match the order in your character selection. So 3rd character means 3rd id in this file. This id is the one you will need to locate the right player file.

Be aware that if you already joined a session with this character more than 4 times you won't have a backup with the bookmarks anymore and you have to revisit the systems. Starbound only creates 3 backups of each file in the player folder (and the main file itself). If you want to keep more than this 3 backups you have to do it manually.

~ Iris ~

creeper22 likes this.
  3. creeper22

creeper22 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thank you soo much I fought i had lost them.<3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.