1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I just bought starbound and it won't work it has green lines all across the screen.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by JohnSama456, Jun 11, 2020.

1. JohnSama456

JohnSama456 Intergalactic Tourist

2. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Iris Blanche likes this.
  3. leviathan3942

leviathan3942 Space Hobo

I am having the same problem and the comment above by tigerfestival might hold true... I did actually update my drivers so that is possibly the problem
    but by any means I am still having the problem and it is something that should be looked into because it sucks that I can't play starbound on the most recent intel graphics driver update...

4. tigerfestival

Rolling back fixed my problem. However we shouldn't have to use an outdated driver for our graphics card just to get a game to work. I really hope the devs will apply a patch to fix this soon.

5. leviathan3942

leviathan3942 Space Hobo

Couldn't have said it better myself

6. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It's not really a problem with the game but a problem with the driver itself. It's not the first time that a driver update messes with a game.

7. tigerfestival

I dunno. My other steam games worked perfectly fine with the driver update, same with many apps such as emulators and their roms. But that's just my personal experience. I'm not sure if anyone else had problems with other apps after the driver update.

8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I had such things happen multiple times already e.g. texture errors in Factorio or frequent crashing in GTA V all of which were driver related issues. That's why i highly doubt it's an issue with Starbound itself here. :)

9. tigerfestival

If that's the case, then I guess we should inform intel about this. I did in the feedback when they asked for feedback upon the rollback, although I think more people would need to inform intel so they can apply some sort of fix.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  10. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I recommend posting your DxDiag ( Remove the personal information from the top ) and MSINFO and post it in the bug forums.