1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help I have the port forwarded, but it is closed.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SatisfactorySam, Dec 5, 2013.

1. SatisfactorySam

SatisfactorySam Master Chief

I have followed various tutorials and finally forwarded the port. I typed my internal IP into the google search, and I got to my "router page". I went to advanced, port forwarding, and then I entered a name, the external IP and 21025 into the TCP and UDP boxes. I saved the settings. When I test the port at http://ismyportopen.com/ it says it's closed. What do I do? I am using a Macintosh, and a D-Link router.

2. Coffeeman

Coffeeman Subatomic Cosmonaut

Try running the server and then testing. The port will not show as open if there is nothing there.
    Additionally, Check your firewall.

3. SatisfactorySam

I have just attempted connecting to the server through the Starbound multiplayer. It says it "Client connect failed". I checked my firewall, and it says that it is off.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  4. Coffeeman

5. SatisfactorySam

Sorry, It still does not connect. However, I am very sure that it is off.

6. Coffeeman

You need to enter your servers INTERNAL IP into the IP box in port forwarding. If you need more help, post a screenshot of your port forwarding page, and tell me your INTERNAL IP and I can tell you what to put where. Good luck! :)