Modding Help I goofed up- SMAPI help (messed with appdata)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by MushMellows, Mar 21, 2019.

1. MushMellows

MushMellows Void-Bound Voyager

I goofed up big time...
    As dumb as I feel right now, I know when to cave and ask for help when I need it. And I definitely need it...
    Long story short, upon making a decision in game and feeling bad about it afterwards, I searched online and was met with the information that I could fix my issue by changing a value in %appdata%/saves/"name"
    I changed the number aaaaaaaaaand messed everything up. When I tried to load the game through Steam + SMAPI I got this error

[19:07:37 INFO SMAPI] SMAPI 2.11 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    [19:07:37 DEBUG SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
    [19:07:37 TRACE SMAPI] Log started at 2019-03-21T18:07:37 UTC
    [19:07:37 ERROR SMAPI] Critical app domain exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\smapi-internal\StardewModdingAPI.update.marker' is denied.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.RunInteractively() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 286
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Start(String[] args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 127
    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 36
    [19:07:39 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing...
    [19:07:39 TRACE SMAPI] Disposing the content coordinator. Content managers will no longer be usable after this point.

I'm really not sure what to do...

View attachment 212772

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That seems to be unrelated to your save edit. Can you restart your computer, then launch the game and see if it still happens?

• BellatrixLeStrange

BellatrixLeStrange Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, is there an update for this issue? I also experiencing the same. :avalicry::avalicry::avalicry::avalicry::avalicry::avalicry:

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

@BellatrixLeStrange At a glance, this looks like the file was locked by something.

I'd recommend you do what pathoschild suggested: Restart your computer and try again.