1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like chests are too small

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Litagano Motscoud, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I dunno if there are bigger chests in later tiers, but most of the chests seem to be only 16 slots...I can hardly put anything in there, and if I wanted to store a substantial amount of items, I'd have to place down a bunch.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  2. Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Well they can't all be ship storages. :p

Kind of like spending money to make money, gotta use up space to make space. :p

3. FDru

FDru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I totally misunderstood the thread title.

4. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well... bigger chest (like "large chest") should be able to take more item than a little locker.
    Same than a big closet should accept more item than a little cabinet.

5. Abacus112

Abacus112 Poptop Tamer

Try using cabinets or cash registers for example. Something with a 2x2 block footprint so space is more efficiently used.
    [​IMG]

This is my ship so far. Lots of storage aft section because its close to beam-in.

6. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Large Chests should hold 32, and should be available for higher tiers.

7. Litagano Motscoud

Here, I'll clarify.

I like it when I see more junk in the trunk.

8. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When the game is in full release we will be able to build settlements with unlimited space to store unlimited amounts of junk in an unlimited amount of trunks.

9. Noobverest

Noobverest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wish we could make more of those ship storage boxes

10. Khorak

Khorak Industrial Terraformer

Lots of people who play these games are hoarders. When a Terrarian asked Redigit if he would fix the 1000 chest limit, he was stunned.

11. Noobverest

Noobverest Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when you play a game where you're suppose to EXPLORE and COLLECT and find COOL STUFF

you kinda have to get one of everything to feel like you've played the game right.

right?

12. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

what? 1000 chest? That's too high for 1 chest... I admit that I am a pack rat, but having that much storage in 1 chest/furniture is way too crazy!

13. Shackram

Shackram Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wish the storage size matched the physical size.

Normall chests are 16 slots, those large old chests you fize are the size of two chests but only have 16 slots. Then you have large crates and barrels that take up room for 4 chests that also only holds 16 items.

I hope this is something that will be fixed later on.

14. Litagano Motscoud

Well, when you think about it, it's not too far off in a world of plasma guns and FTL travel :p

15. ThatAmazingPerson

ThatAmazingPerson Existential Complex

the '1000 chest' means there were only 1000 chests allowed on a Terraria world at any given time.

16. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Oh. Ok. I thought they meant, a chest could hold 1000 items. My bad ^^;

17. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile