Digital I drew Shane cos I'm thirsty and salty that he's not a marriage option ;'(

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by darkrown, Feb 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. darkrown

darkrown Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Shane why don't you love meeeeeeee

praying on that sweet bachelor Shane DLC ;_; pls CA #freetheemployee

Acerbicon, DatRaph, Ithilai and 27 others like this.
    • EvilNegi

EvilNegi Void-Bound Voyager

My exact reaction when talking to him also "no you dont bu..." "Dont Talk To Me".. T_T
      really nice picture btw

Iffydust and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
      • kekskitten

kekskitten Orbital Explorer

Glad I wasn't the only one trying to get into Shane's heart ; w :

HimochiIsAwesome likes this.
        • ohilin

ohilin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Give him chillies to fill the emptiness

Mouzly and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
          • sunbean

sunbean Void-Bound Voyager

I gave him a beer on his birthday and we're suddenly good friends. Love him so much. I'm also on the Shane DLC train.

Great job with this. ;)

izzy82, Marose and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
            • MMOCloud

MMOCloud Void-Bound Voyager

Shane DLC let's go.

Ithilai and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
              • HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I knew I wasn't the only one who was upset he's not a romance option.

Heck yeah gimme Shane DLC.

• Halford

Halford Seal Broken

YES. I was so saad that I couldn't romance him. Shane DLC please.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I got like 2 hearts with him and he still goes "I don't know you, don't talk to me" and I'm like.... what, again? You'll let me into your bedroom (I assume everybody's bedroom access is 2 hearts) but yet you claim you don't know me? lol? So you let strangers into your bedroom now?

I even saw a cutscene at night down by Marnie's with him, and he still claims that he doesn't know me.

Iffydust and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
                    • Leah_R

Leah_R Lucky Number 13

That is beautiful!
                      I think he'd be a great DLC option.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

*takes a seat on the Shane DLC-train*

izzy82 and HimochiIsAwesome like this.
                        • Baerynne

Baerynne Space Hobo

He so fine. The art is awesome. I'm all aboard the ShaneDLC-train.

• LordOfIrony

LordOfIrony Master Chief

Yeah I was sad when I realised Shane wasn't an option. Also Emily.

• HimochiIsAwesome

Thought you might all be interested in this tidbit from Twitter.

[​IMG]

ironbull likes this.
                              • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

For that matter, why not Clint and Marnie too?

Probably because Clint + Emily and Lewis + Marnie relationships are implied.

I will agree, though, that Shane does not appear to have anybody.

But yet if Shane were an option, that'd make girls having 1 more option than guys have. I'm going to assume that's why CA didn't make Shane an option...

EDIT: Though, he COULD add Sandy to the list, but then you'd have guys complaining that they had to wait so long to even start romancing Sandy...

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

You can romance people of the same gender, though. So it would be one more bachelor option, not one more option for girls. As for Sandy, let's be honest, anyone who's played a Harvest Moon game has waited longer to romance someone. Or there is the female cashier at Joja Mart who could be fleshed out. (Unless she is an actual character and I am blind as woah. I've only been in there once too look around.)

So... Back to Shane, would it be a bad idea to ask head canons everyone has? -wonders if there are enough of us to make a "Shane Appreciation Society"-

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I really don't wanna get into any LGBT discussions, but suffice it to say that people wanting same-sex relationships is far, far fewer than people who are wanting hetero relationships. Please do not take any offense at this, and please do not attempt to start such a conversation (I'll ignore LGBT-related replies).

Therefore, I think it is fair to say that having 1 extra available guy is not fair to the people who play guys wanting an M-F relationship.

But yeah, he could flesh out the cashier, but the question then becomes, "Where does she live?" because all of the houses in Pelican Town are already taken, though I suppose she could drive to work, but that means you could only romance her at the store (but I guess she could move in if you marry her).

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Okay, won't touch the topic any further for the sake of peace on the forum.

As for where she lives, driving in could be an option. It's a bit of a shame the Saloon isn't the typical Inn for this kind of game or she could be renting there, but if she were to have to live in town prior, I guess it would require a new house being made. Or for her to be made a relative of someone, (Willy? Clint?) and just add a room. I guess another issue with Sandy being the additional bachelorette is that everyone else is available at start up, which would make it still somewhat unfair.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Driving in seems like the best option.

I mean, if it came to that, Morris doesn't have a house in the town proper either.

• HimochiIsAwesome

Morris probably sleeps in JojaMart on a fat stack of cash. :p

Regardless I think any of this stuff would take a long time to be added in, even when considering time to add new assets, because of all the bug fixes CApe is doing first. :p But until then... we can dream. :p

Headcanon: He's literallly the biggest nerd ever - I mean cmon, he cheats at video games. #WhatADork

I'm not sure if it's specifically stated in-game but I'm pretty definite Jas is his sister. Both of them have Marnie as their Aunt on the wiki but siblings isn't listed, so I guess it's just implied or something? But they have the same hair colour and it'd be weird if Marnie has the children of two different siblings of hers living with her. That leads me to believe one of three things: Either his parents waited a long time before having more kids, they have MORE kids between the two who aren't shown in-game, or (more probably) he's a lot younger than I initially thought.