1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue I can't get rid of this door!!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by TheTwilightDancer, Mar 1, 2019.

1. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

So anyways, I have built an amazing space station. Took forever but I got everything done. Problem now is, I decided that I wanna put in a pool area but I can't fit it anywhere off the entertainment section of my station unless I modified an existing corridor. The corridor was an entrance bay and I wanted to replace it with a regular corridor, and a core for the pool and a loading bay coming off the pool area instead. Only way I could've done this is disable tile protection and remove manually. (Why rooms are not editable otherwise is beyond me) Anyways, this is where the problems start.....

I destroyed the corridor, and the background items and other stuff with /entityeval object.smash() but the gravity is still there. I also spawned in an expansion slot door and placed, thinking it will let me now override the area with a new corridor since I took the other one out manually, but no options to place anything comes up. Turns out, not only is there gravity, but the corridor itself acts like it's still on the grid as it shows in green. I tried to remove the expansion door but I can't. Not with super fishaxe, not with entity eval smash commands, NOTHING. The console also will not hide that door. I am at a loss, and now I cannot expand the corridor.

I am NOT going to restart my entire space station. I worked far too long on it to justify restarting the whole thing JUST to change a corridor to something I like even better than before. Is there any kind of mod out there than can delete such objects? Ghost hatch door remover wouldn't help as it only removes collision blocks, not the object itself. Would WEdit mod help in this case? Can it override furniture and placed objects? Would the Custom Space Station Rooms - Freely Buildable Expansion Areas also help? I wanna be sure before I download them because they might be one-way install mods and if they don't help, I wouldn't use them and would wanna delete them, but wouldn't be able to if it's a one way install mod.

There REALLY needs to be a mod, or a game update, to allow you to edit corridors to something else.....For example, a different version of the expansion slot door called "edit slot" that if placed in the corridor junction on the grid, allows the changing of the grid tiles to a different corridor type, demolishing the corridor that was there previously and replacing with the new corridor, if it fits. Of course, if furniture and objects present that were not generated naturally with the corridor, they get knocked off into space (unless the furniture is overlapping the replacement corridor) so you wanna empty the corridor of furniture and objects before replacing with a new one. Just an idea.

2. TheTwilightDancer

TheTwilightDancer Phantasmal Quasar

I am at a loss, looked up every possible solution and there seems to be none. No programs to let me read and edit world files either. So I think I am just gonna demolish the space station and not bother rebuilding it. Done too much with it to justify starting all over just because I can't modify an already existing corridor to something even better or not being able to remove a placed expansion slot. IMO, I don't think space stations should've been added until a feature to remove/replace corridors was added. Expansion slots should be made removable in case you want to build a corridor from scratch and don't want the expansion slot there blocking the way if you wanna build off that spot. Hiding the expansion slots is only useful if you don't plan building off that spot from scratch.

When new sections are built from scratch, they won't have gravity like the prebuilt sections from expansion slots, but you can change this by doing any kind of alteration to the gravity setting on the console. Moving it will cause the game to also set the gravity in newly built areas with background walls. Any area with no background wall will be treated as no gravity. You can also do this when demolishing sections you don't want anymore and this would once again treat the demolished area as being part of space again when altering the gravity setting. Also expansion slots, when placed, will not show any corridor options unless they are in the center edge of a grid on the map, and to make it easier to know where to place the door, the console would also have an option to "Show map grid", which shows the grid plus highlighted green areas that show where the expansion slots will function.

Just some ideas I had, not that I'd be able to code it. I found other station mods but they only affect new stations, not ones built before the mod was installed, so I think my space station is screwed unfortunately.