1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I am Spreading Starbound!!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Liquidified, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liquidified

Liquidified Big Damn Hero

Ok so today I told all my friends about Starbound and they love it! I also got most of the people who Subscribed to me on youtube to try to get more people involved! I also took it upon my self to send a very long message to Ign about this game and I want to see if they would make at least a post about it! :) Im going to ask my friends to do the same thing i did to Ign! I think everyone should at least try to make this SUPER!! Tell your friends, family, aliens, monkeys, and wait what?!?! LOL But really SPREAD THE LOVE!!! :love: Only real fans of Starbound would tell everyone! Like if you agree!

Cronos, BoxcarRacer and saison like this.
  2. Attack_Fish

Attack_Fish Phantasmal Quasar

We need a trailer on Youtube to show our friends. If I just say, "it's awesome and it's going to have all this stuff" that wouldn't be enough for everyone. Once a trailer comes out I'm going to spread that thing like marmalade on toast!!

Liquidified and saison like this.
  3. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

They popularity is spreading?
    [​IMG]

4. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Even if there's a trailer, none of my friends would even pay attention long enough to watch it.

5. saison

saison Phantasmal Quasar

Most of my friends wouldn't care, but a few would. I have a few viewers on YouTube, and I'm hoping a popular YouTuber will be able to advertise Starbound like PBat did with Terraria. He's what got me into it, and him playing it is what made me fall in love with his channel haha.

6. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

I for one am hoping that it isn't a popular youtuber because then the very people on these forums now that have supported it from the beginning have a chance to become a popular youtuber themselves through starbound.

8Elliott likes this.
  7. Liquidified

I think overall everyone on Starbound forums should at least try to spread this game!! LOL :)

8. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

it will probably end up like minecraft did, 1 person starts it and makes it more known throughout the community then other big youtubers make lets plays of it and any small channel playing it gets ignored

9. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

Well I do as much as I can, I always love supporting indie games however I do believe it's possible to over hype a game.

Liquidified likes this.
  10. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Sadly, the majority of my friends would probably say that this game has "shit graphics". They don't really understand the concept of using a retro style to make a video game's visuals.

11. They've done a very short "article" on it already.

12. The Mute One

The Mute One Phantasmal Quasar

No. Don't do it. NO D: In Terraria, the stupid hackers and griefers came after Steam put Terraria on the front page/featured page thingy. If someone spreads the popularity too much, public servers will be un-playable. Think about it. People will be like "CAN U GIV ME OP GUN PLZ????///???///???? I NO I HAV NO MONEE OR ITMS TO PAY IN ND I DIDNT PLAY THE GAM YET BUT I WANT IT" rather than "I'll pay 700 pixels for your Laser Pistol."

13. trololol:giggle:

14. Duex

Duex Cosmic Narwhal

most detailed article i have ever read

ninja edit: Release Date: Q2 2012; what does Q2 mean? second quarter?

15. MrCreeper123125

MrCreeper123125 Zeromus

mmm.. Yeah all told about starbound to my friend but they don't like it.

16. Yes, but it seems that it's now more towards the end of the year instead from what everyone's been saying.

17. AyeAye13

AyeAye13 Cosmic Narwhal

Annoyingly true. One of my friend has the stupid philosophy that "If it's 2D, it's crap."

MrCreeper123125 likes this.
  18. MrCreeper123125

MrCreeper123125 Zeromus

Yeah same whit my friend.

19. Liquidified

Oh wow i didnt know about that!?!?
    LOL

20. Fuzions

Fuzions Zero Gravity Genie

My friends don't even play video games :lod:
    I agree with spreading it, but not in the wrong places where it would gather hate (Random youtube videos, etc)

Liquidified likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.