1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed I accidentald

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by dhxmg, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhxmg

dhxmg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, so as many of you know quite a few wonderful members of this community has held and are holsing giveaways, I happened to participate in one such on the irc and without thinking redeemed the code I got (claimed it on humble). Will it still be possible for me to give that key away scinse I already had a key, or do I now have two copies of the game for myself?

EDIT: I consider this thread a sucsess and the issue resolved. Now to figure out how to request a threadlock...

2. MrSchinken

MrSchinken Void-Bound Voyager

If you have a Humble Account you can't own the same game twice. Please explain exactly what you did with your second key, because it's quite unclear to make out what you actually mean by your question.

3. Hello dhxmg ! You might not be able to give the OST download link to someone, as it's on the humble page you claimed. You might not give the "drm-free" game link too (when it will be available of course), as i'm pretty sure it will be added to the Humble page you claimed. But for the steam key, as you have to add it manually in the Steam client, you should be able to give it to someone else without trouble :3

4. Dhxmg, it's possible to unclaim the Page and Give the Key LINK to other person, just needs to change the email on it ;)

Kail4012 likes this.
  5. dhxmg

Well, as I stated I won it in a giveaway, so I do not actuall have a transaction key, if I'm allowed to give the steam key away to my friend it should suffice.

Thank you for the help (not only bacon, but all of you)

6. It can be possible, Humble may help you with that. But in that case unlikely. Still you can update the Starbound page email, and the key email to one of your friends and they likely be the ones being updated.

Kail4012 likes this.
  7. dhxmg

Okay, I'll consider this solved since I've gotten confirmation that I can give the steam key away, thank you all again.

8. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Wait, you preordered and redeemed the key?!

... How do you do that? I thought you had to wait till the beta actually came out to do that :/ *goes to check*

9. The Humble Store key is not the Beta key :3

10. dhxmg

My misstake, "claimed" it, sorry

11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Closed at request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.