1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Hylotl Underwater City Glitch.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Samu_San, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Samu_San

Samu_San Void-Bound Voyager

I LOVE the race Hylotl, but when I was exploring the ocean for the main quest to search for clue of the Hylotl. I came across one of the friendly dungeons, The underwater city, It was awesome however near the start there was a gap and water was flooding in, I could not place any blocks and the whole city got flooded and ruined the cool aspect. PLEASE Starbound Devs fix this!

2. Samu_San

No one wants to help me.... ;-(

Forever alone....

3. Malkyne

Malkyne Void-Bound Voyager

The reason you can't place blocks is because there's a field generator that "protects" the base (apparently not well enough, in this instance!). At the top of one of the towers, you can find a little elevator that goes up to some machine-looking things, and a switch. If you can get up there, flip the switch, and it should turn off the field generator. At that point, you should be able to make any modifications you need to repair the city (such as plugging the hole and draining the water out).

Samu_San likes this.
  4. Weley

Weley Space Hobo

I encountered the same glitch in 1.2.1. It looks like a room failed to generate.
    After patching it up with dirt:
    glitch1.png

Samu_San likes this.
  5. Samu_San

Ok thanks, yeah Weley exact same place I had it. Sorry didn't know about the generartor thing. THANKS!!

6. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Seems you are not so alone here, huh :p