1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotl or Floran

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by 433luke, Feb 12, 2018.

1. 433luke

433luke Subatomic Cosmonaut

IF you could choose on either transforming into a Hylotl or a Floran, and you were sent to the species starship after the transformation, which species would you choose?

2. ItsDaPervert

ItsDaPervert Title Not Found

Hylotl because not only do they have modern stuff but they also have Japanese stuff. I could be an underwater otaku ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But what is it with you and Hylotl/Florans?

433luke likes this.
  3. 433luke

Two reasons.
    1: I'm bored.
    2: I would actually like to see how many people would choose Hylotl in this situation.

4. Gasboy

Gasboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Apex. To kick Big Ape's butt.

Again.

433luke likes this.
  5. 433luke

What. Also, I choose either for I don't really care, as long as I get a spesship in the end.

6. ItsDaPervert

ItsDaPervert Title Not Found

#breakthesystem #thuglife #420blazeit #2edgy4u
    OOOoooOOOoooOOOh WHERE U AT

This answer is just the most trolly thing that could possibly be answered.

433luke likes this.
  7. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

either floran or remain sitting in front of my computer with earth fully intact

433luke likes this.
  8. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Hylotl definitely.
    1st, It wouldn't be nice if someone calls me a "primitive bloodthirsty stab-obsessed tree", since I guess that's what most other races see Florans as.

2nd, being a carnivore is not my go to. I don't know about you but I would rather have some variety in my diet, and eating a bowl of salad as a floran in front of other florans would just be awkward.

& 3rd, it would actually be swell if my entire body wasn't composed of flammable material.
    You know what they say, it's not easy being green!

433luke likes this.
  9. Gasboy

Uh, so is it awkward eating chicken fingers or a hamburger in front of humans? Why?

Florans are evolved from plant life. THEY AREN'T PEAS AND CARROTS OR SOME SUCH.

433luke likes this.
  10. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

That's not the case, I'm saying that it would be weird for a floran to actually eat salad AT ALL since they are carnivores lore-wise. Unless the majority of florans could change their diet, then its pretty much like seeing some guy eating dog food or something.

433luke likes this.
  11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Floran, because being a hylotl would be all nasty and slimy and stuff

433luke likes this.
  12. Gasboy

Even carnivores get a tiny amount of vegetable matter in their diet.

And I get the idea that Florans would eat a salad just to see peoples' heads explode.

The Squid and Inferus[RF] like this.
  13. TheCrow7200

TheCrow7200 Void-Bound Voyager

Well...I prefer novakids and avians but.... I'mma go for the hylotl since....3 eyed fish thing people that have a lot of asian culture in their lore seem better than the plant people that might be cannibals the second they might eat their greens and most likely gonna put you on a grill and make you the most fabulous dish you could see....you know what...I'mma still go for hylotl since their tier 6 armor iz cooler than floran... soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....I might regret this later for starting a fire but thanks for the idea of making a thread for my 2 favorite races....most likely a lot later...well good day now I have to go to school to get annoyed by my Latin teacher instead of staying on some cool threads like this one....that theach me stuff about the lore...