1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotl Dating Sim.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Palicence, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

So I have been trying upgrade my mech and while I was savaging the universe for salvaged armor plate I found a Hylotl dating simulator in an abandoned space station. Unfortunately my game crashed when I was on like the third page of text and when I got back on the Anomaly was gone. Can someone please tell me if what I found was real or did I black out while playing and have quite possibly the greatest dream ever.

2. absimiliard_the_elder

absimiliard_the_elder Subatomic Cosmonaut

Totally real, and just possibly actual time-travel instead of just a video-game as well. (well, in-game time-travel, not Real Life -- of course -- also, not useful time-travel in any way shape or form)

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

4. Palicence

5. Vospier

Vospier Void-Bound Voyager

Curious. I just encountered this yesterday. An empty arcade embedded into an asteroid... A trail of lights activating as you approach a lone arcade machine at the back... Beautiful Attempt! [emoji2]

Edit: spelling

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  6. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Not really, it's a video game developed by the Hylotl in-universe. Fiction within fiction.

7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

It is just one giant easter egg to all those japanese dating sim games

8. absimiliard_the_elder

absimiliard_the_elder Subatomic Cosmonaut

True. But, if you make the right choices, you can get a message from the fictional character. Well, sort of ... maybe.

9. Palicence

I found it again but I also crashed again when I got to the same place.

10. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I have an arcade in my base with all the arcade games, working and otherwise. This is in there, and I want my friends to install Felin Intro Mission so I can put in the shmup game from it.

Also, FU currently has a "corrupted" version of the dating sim with Lovecraftian imagery mixed in. It's buried, so you'll have to find the ID. There is some major buried treasure in that mod.

11. mechaghost2003

mechaghost2003 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

care to post a sample laeyan google is proving to be not that much help in that regard.

12. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

It's called "deeponegame". Spawn that.

13. mechaghost2003

mechaghost2003 Scruffy Nerf-Herder