1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Hylotl cities and dungeons not spawning. Found cause!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Lord-Xanthor, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Lord-Xanthor

Lord-Xanthor Void-Bound Voyager

I'm posting this here, if it needs to be moved, I apologies. I'm still learning the ropes. I noticed more on Steam then here this issue has been happening with a low number of people not being able to complete the Hylotl mission because the cities and dungeons were not spawning. We hear it enough, mostly because many just didn't search the right planet. As it turns out, this was in fact happening but not because of a bug in the game itself. It was caused by a mod that is on Steam, yet luckily not available here as of yet. This mod seems to borrow game code and in using it, bypasses the Hylotl dungeon generator, preventing cities and dungeons from spawning. The mods are two together. One called Planet inspection station, the other required to use it roro vehicles. My findings so far, any worlds visited before the mod is installed are unaffected. If you want a few water and lava worlds with the ability to place space stations in them, then install the mods and visit new worlds so they spawn, but after your content, uninstall the mods. The worlds that spawned those stations will still function without the mods and I have seen no errors as of this writing using them. But for those not able to find the dungeons, if you have these two mods, this is the issue.