1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Hylian Weapons of Legends (1.3.3 Version) 0.6.0

Craft weapons, items, armors, etc. from The Legend of Zelda series!

1. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I finally got around to playing Starbound again without wanting to mod it. And I tried a lot of mods I didn't get a chance to play with like FU. I like the amount of content FU has and how it makes me want to play Starbound more as a gamer. Most of the time I spend on Starbound is modding or testing other authors mods, but not actually playing the game itself. I test out the new stuff every patch, but I don't usually sit down and play the game because I feel like it is still incomplete.

sayter likes this.
  2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I'm honestly much the same way. I haven't yet gotten to the end-game since the last stable. I've had a grand total of 1 actual tenant. I spend 90% of my SB time modding, and 9% testing. The other 1% is legitimately playing it.

Just started a new character to "test" by playing normally without admin mode or anything of the sort though. It's the only way to fine-tune progression in FU at this point. Otherwise it's nearly impossible to know what comes first (or is likely to) vs what comes later , so that I can have recipes follow sound logic and not result in "traps" where you need a resource you have no way to obtain.

3. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

: \ I didn't mean to suggest that that should be the goal or set unrealistic standards or anythi
    Oh I didn't mean to suggest that it was all up to you, or set unrealistic goals or anything - sorry I guess it sounded that way... I was saying it'd just be a cool thing to see some day just like as a thing. I'd offer my help, if I knew anything about anything modding haha, but my experience so far extends to rough recolors using GIMP. I look forward to all that cool stuff though :D

4. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

So, I was testing my mod out in Cheerful Giraffe (Unstable Nightly) and I noticed a few things were broken. I am not sure how to fix them atm, but I will see if I can figure out something.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Right now it's not really worth the bother. A lot of stuff on nightly is up in the air and it's currently almost unplayable from a gaming standpoint, without admin functions to help you along. That said, you will need to convert everything over eventually. Tough spot to be in. I'm there with FU as well.

6. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I know I shouldn't bother with the unstable nightly, but all I need to do is fix the altability weapons and then my mod is good for now. I actually wanted to get started on making whips using the new code.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  7. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I plan to do some rebalancing weapons and recipe changes once I finish fixing everything.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  8. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

So, far everything has been going smoothly. I've been looking over everything and making changes if needed. I don't have anything planned for the Glad Giraffe version atm though. I am focusing more on the Cheerful Giraffe version since it has a lot of new stuff that I am interested in.

9. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

So, I am going to take a break from modding until the unstable nightly issues get resolved. I am not going to start working on stuff for Glad Giraffe because I know a lot of code just ends up getting changed and I really don't want extra stuff to fix when Cheerful Giraffe releases.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  10. tidgem

tidgem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I installed it, and tried it, and it is definetely this mod creating fatal errors. This is the error I get: http://puu.sh/o6m9g/1917c32749.png
    Please fix it! :) I really want to play this mod aha! :D

11. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

I haven't really been in the mood to mod Starbound. I mean trying to constantly update something that gets broken almost every patch kind of annoys me. I might see if I can get things fixed for the next version, but no promises.

12. Crysis

Crysis Subatomic Cosmonaut

I get the same error when i try to run the mod.

13. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Look what my dear friend L3W just said, yeah?
    He might work on it, he knows there's a problem and it's being worked on.

14. Crysis

I just deleted the "light3.statuseffect" file and the mod loaded fine. I'm guessing there is already a light3.statuseffect in the game assets.

EDIT: I just tested the Navi in game and even after deleting the "light3.statuseffect" file from the mod's files the Navi still has a glowing effect around the character like I assume it is supposed to. Seems like a working temporary fix until L3W is able to fully address that error.

To anyone who chooses to use this temporary fix, use at your own risk. Neither the Mod Author or I are responsible if something negative happens by you modifying your game/mod files. :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    The Alonne likes this.
  15. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

L3W updated Hylian Weapons of Legends [Glad Giraffe] with a new update entry:

Glad Giraffe Update V

Read the rest of this update entry...

The Alonne and Crysis like this.
  16. Crysis

17. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

The Alonne likes this.
  18. Coldarr

Coldarr Void-Bound Voyager

Why is the master sword 2-handed, wouldn't it make more sense for it to be 1-handed?

19. lordb

lordb Big Damn Hero

I agree the Master Sword, True Master Sword, and Sage's Sword should all be 1 handed.

20. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

The reason the Master Sword and other swords are two-handed is so they can use specific two-handed alt abilities that I want for them. I wouldn't be able to use those alt abilities if they were one-handed. It is how the alt abilities are hard coded unfortunately...

The Alonne likes this.