Mob Hybrid animals.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by D.M.G., Apr 24, 2015.

1. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

In the last updates, we'll be able to have a pet in our spaceship. So I was wondering, if, by gathering more pets, we could make cross-species, like we do with dogs and cats.

2. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

Breeding would be awesome, still hoping they'd add a pet shop so you could get and sell pets, and that's where breeding comes along.

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

A pet shop could be cool, yeah, but what I'm waiting for is some kind of machine to grab DNA from monsters, mix them, an create pet with it.

KyPTeD likes this.
  4. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

YES! WE NEED THAT! I dont really use capture pods, but if i could do THAT with them i would use THEM ALLLLLLLLLLLL!
    it could be a another thing you build from the research thing on your ship (or come with a ship upgrade). also, it would need to have the option to CHOOSE which part of the monster to preserve and which to destroy (or just preserve all that monsters traits). Next you use a character creator-esk menu to make your pet from peices you preserved. Lastly you could then use DNA strands from that one underground biome to make the monster. It finishes by giving you your new pet in a special pod (not a capture pod) and you place it in the spot you want to have your pet roam free. (it would be unkillable unless without a special tool. and one of those "once placed cant be picked up items") ( it could also give you an egg instead of a pod if the devs think that would be better) (can you tell i put a lot of thought into this?)

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

What I want is a cross between a pig, a duckbill and a alpaca. And, Joseph, did you played to Spore? Because what you wrote make me thinking a lot about this game.

6. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

actually yes, I do play spore. And i want to make the closest thing i can to a dragon

7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I wish one day they will do a remake of this amazing game. And yup, dragons in Starbound will be cool, space snake-like dragons...Ehm. Like I say, if the devs could also put some Earth-being animals in the game, it would be enjoyable. And for those whose gonna ask me:"Why should we have Earth animals on Starbound planets?", just one thing: there is others survivors, and maybe these survivors catch some species of the Earth and brought them on planets where they decided to set on, like Noah's Ark.