1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Human Spacecruiser v. Gilgamesh

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by oddfellow, Dec 11, 2013.

1. oddfellow

oddfellow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A little off-topic. I've made myself a small cargo ship inspired by "Betty" from Aliens: Resurrection. Took one day to accomplish. Proud of myself. Maybe i'll release it, but first i'm gonna get (or not) permission from one of the authors which layout details were used in this homebrew.

Attached Files:

2. juskom95

juskom95 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm looking forward to it.

3. SaintPanda

SaintPanda Cosmic Narwhal

Quick question-is this built for the Offended Koala easy-mod installation? (where you just have to extract into the "mods" folder that Starbound now gives you by default )

4. oddfellow

Nope, when i've started to do this, "mods" folder wasn't there yet.

5. SaintPanda

SaintPanda Cosmic Narwhal

Alright, can you update it? I know how to update simple mods from previous versions, but mostly I've stayed away from ship generation

6. Sw3G

Sw3G Void-Bound Voyager

Just do this:

Go into:

/starbound/assets/ships/human/

Create a new folder called "old"

Move all current files into that

Download Gilgamesh

Extract all files to the human ships folder

Restart a character in Starbound as human

7. EvilWaffleThing

EvilWaffleThing Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else get really crap FPS while on the ship? I can run the game just fine with no FPS drop ANYWHERE else but on the ship is a nightmare.
    It didn't happen with the default ship at all.
    OS: MS Windows XP Media Center Edition Professional 32-bit SP3
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    RAM: 1.5 GB DDR2 250MHz
    GPU: 1023MB GeForce GT 440 (EVGA)

Let me know if you need any more info.
    Awesome ship by the way. I hated that tiny little trailer ship we get by default.

8. oddfellow

I can confirm low fps, probably caused by dozens of invisible light sources throughout the block map. I didn't expect it to be a problem at all, thought it was just my pc, lol. Maybe i'll fix it when there's more vacant time.

9. EvilWaffleThing

I can just do it myself. I just need to know what needs to be removed.
    Also I thought it might be lights that caused it so I tried removing all the lights on the ship. That helped a TINY bit but not much. I also noticed the ship wasn't very dark after that.
    I'd prefer having the ship lit up by placed lights anyway rather than invisible ones but that is just my opinion.

10. Ricowan

Ricowan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Open "dropship.structure" in a text editor, find the section that maps the color 122, 122, 122, 255 to "invisiblelight" and change the color to 120, 122, 122, 255. Now the game won't find anyplace to put the invisible lights.

11. EvilWaffleThing

Well, thanks for the advice but it seems I am a bumblefuck. I forgot to backup my data before the wipe and my ship and all my stuff in it is gone!
    I'll just redownload this once it is officially fixed so I don't break anything and frustrate myself haha.
    Thanks again for the guidance and thanks oddfellow for this ship!

12. Ricowan

This ship can be used in the official mod folder, rather than replacing existing asset files, with no problems that I've encountered. Here's how:
    NOTE: I renamed the mod to just "Gilgamesh" because I'm not a fan of spaces in file/folder names.
    1. Extract the "uss gilgamesh" folder from the archive, place it in your "[steam path]\Starbound\mods" folder.
    2. Rename the "uss gilgamesh" folder to "Gilgamesh".
    3. Navigate into the Gilgamesh folder and create a new file called "Gilgamesh.modinfo".
    4. Edit the Gilgamesh.modinfo file, placing the following text in it:
    Code:
    {
        "name" : "Gilgamesh",
        "version" : "Beta v. Angry Koala",
        "path" : "assets"
    }

Save the file, and you're good to go.

13. EvilWaffleThing

Will that get overwritten when the game updates?

14. Ricowan

The mod files? No they won't get overwritten. But when you create a character, the ship data is saved in your character's .shipworld file, along with the positions and contents of everything you put in your ship. That's why characters can't change ships easily, and why ship wipes have to happen when new ship systems are implemented.

15. TomLemons

TomLemons Yeah, You!

Damnit. I can't download yet another file as it is through the nexus. Mediafire link please?

16. Sard67

Sard67 Void-Bound Voyager

Will you update the mod to make it compatible with the Furious Koala version of the game ?

I tried to install it (by unpacking then repacking the package file with the object and ship folders) like another mods, but each time I want to start a human character I have the ''error : server-client connexion no longer valid'' [​IMG]

17. That1GuyB4

That1GuyB4 Aquatic Astronaut

ditto

18. Gojira

Gojira Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ditto, and I really love this ship. I'd really appreciate whatever help OP has to offer.

19. Sard67

Sard67 Void-Bound Voyager

I found an ''alternative working solution'' until a future update :

If you like a more militarized version of the Gilgamesh, you can found a working one in this thread : http://community.playstarbound.com/...ry-koala-compatible-with-furious-koala.67343/ (download file from post 12, then extract it in the mods folder, no need to unpack anything).

If you want the original (with simplified texture etc), install the previous one, then replace both the USS magellan and USSmagellanblocks files found in the ...Starbound\mods\uss\ships\human folder with their equivalent from Oddfellow's version (important : rename them exactly like the replaced files, ie Gilgamesh->USS Magellan).

It works for me with the version found on nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/135/?tab=1&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/ajax/moddescription/?id=135&preview=&pUp=1, but it should works too with the original :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  20. Gojira

Gojira Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh my god thank you so much
    I'll have to try that when I get access to something that isn't a smartphone. Thanks!