1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Human Spacecruiser v. Gilgamesh

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by oddfellow, Dec 11, 2013.

1. oddfellow

oddfellow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First of all, i'm not an artist, i'm not even a designer. This ship is a mix of various assets that i've manually edited and fitted together for personal use. But i thought that it would be nice to share my work.

USS Gilgamesh *made by oddfellow*

==================What's this?=================

USS Gilgamesh is Everest-class interstellar vessel in United Systems' military arsenal. It is a heavy armored spacecruiser, capable of carrying dozens of weapons and multiple infantry units. However, this version is sort of "light" version without many weapon options. Maybe it was meant as commanders transport. Anyway, this ship has almost everything a space traveler needs!

=================Installation==================

So, how to get this to work and not break anything? Very simple, follow these steps:

1. Backup your "assetsshipshuman" folder (or whatever race you want to play).

2. Copy and paste "assets" folder to the main game directory (this may vary, but usually something like "SteamsteamappscommonStarbound"), overwrite files when asked. If you want to choose another race, then select a folder in "assetsships" directory and copy contents of my mod's "human" folder there. Again, overwrite when asked.

That's it, you're ready to go. Enjoy your serious spacecraft.

===================changelog===================

1.0: Initial release.

1.1: Added platforms in the main shaft and additional ship lockers in the cargo hold. Bonus folder now obsolete.

1.2: Fixed item dupe issue caused by new ship lockers.

2.0: Massive overall improvements. Slightly changed the vessel's shape and length. Interior redone from scratch. Added cargo bay hatch and fluorescent lights all over the ship. Sissy small vertical boosters now replaced by more appropriate, bigger sidethrusters (they're custom and don't replace anything in vanilla game).

version Gilgamesh: Renamed to USS Gilgamesh. Length increased once again. Removed backgrounds. Decks recomposed. Well, it's almost new ship, what do you expect?

==================Disclaimer===================

If you want to reupload, just give me a credit. Cheers!

Screenies:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Download here: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/81/?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Aeryc, Joe Chip, bubbyboytoo and 11 others like this.
  2. Kodos

Kodos Void-Bound Voyager

This looks really good. I'm definitely excited to use this. I hope that you have better luck lining up the block placement grid than some of the other ships here on the forums. I'm sure it's hard (I've never given it a go myself), but overall this looks like a solid ship.

3. recluse

recluse Aquatic Astronaut

If I have to be honest, I'd suggest chucklefish buy you out and make this T2 human ship.

Now give us the link! :D

jmlop0 likes this.
  4. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh please release it soon. I've been waiting for a big and useful human ship for so long. All the races get great ship mods, but not humans!

I use Reaper's Extended Human Ship right now, it's huge and i like that. But i don't particularly like the design of it. Your ship has great design, but looks a bit smaller. Please dear modders, make the ships huge. It feels great when you start with a huge empty ship, and then you fill it with bits and pieces that you acquired from your adventures. I'm not saying your ship is small, but it coul be even bigger.

Anyway thanks for the ship, i won't start a new game untill you release this baby. :)

Rawr_Dinosaur likes this.
  5. Alsehr

Alsehr Pangalactic Porcupine

Best layout I've seen so far, keep it up.

6. oddfellow

Thanks for the feedback, people, i love you already! I have an important question to you all: should i make rearrangable features like fuel hatch and tech station? Not sure about the teleport, though.

7. yk999

I make all the ships that i download rearrangable, so i say yes, make everything rearrangable.

8. recluse

recluse Aquatic Astronaut

If it's not too much trouble: please do.

9. oddfellow

Alrite people, here is download link in the description!

10. yk999

Tested, it's great. Now i can start a new game with my cool ship. Thank you :)

11. oddfellow

Thanks! Glad you like it. Don't be shy to post your screenshots. :)

12. yk999

I'll post screenshots when i decorate it a bit. It may take a while. :)

13. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

On the subject of adding platforms automatically... (repost from the Nexus)

You had said
    Code:
    "object" : "modernplatform"
    but it should be
    Code:
    "foregroundMat" : "modernplatform"
    Code:
    {
    "value" : [150, 200, 0, 255],
    "foregroundBlock" : true,
    "backgroundBlock" : true,
    "backgroundMat" : "rustymetal",
    "foregroundMat" : "pressurizedplatform"
    },
    Pressurized platform looks good and doesn't make an aluminum sound when you step on it!

This file also includes the lights I added to the center (4 total).

Download from my Dropbox

[​IMG]

14. Rawr_Dinosaur

Rawr_Dinosaur Poptop Tamer

The problem with having ships become too big, is that once your ship gets past a certain size you start to have to use two or more image files much like the space station that uses 4 background images tied together, its possible but a lot of work., its easier to work within the restraints of the ship sizes of one image.

yk999 likes this.
  15. yk999

I get it. Is your Reaper Ship's size is the biggest you can get with using only one image file?

16. oddfellow

Updated to 1.1. I fixed this ugly platform issue, thanks to Med. Now with more storage room for all your goods!

17. yk999

Hey there is a little issue. Now all 5 shiplockers give the starting equipment. I have 5 matter manipulators, 5 flashlights etc. Nothing game breaking, just wanted to report.

18. oddfellow

Darn it, hotfix time.

19. jmlop0

jmlop0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow! This is amazing! Holy crap Tiy NEEDS to see this! This just HAS to be considered for the game! Like this guy said
    It just has to be an upgrade, but like be a T1 Cargo ship!

20. oddfellow

Done, thanks for pointing this out, i got a little tired. Update uploaded.