1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/help/
  2. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Bug/Issue Huge input lag when opening inventory

Discussion in 'Support' started by Yomoj0, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Yomoj0

Yomoj0 Intergalactic Tourist

So, I will start by saying this: from what I've read so far trying to figure out this issue, you will probably ask me for my specs, and when I give them you'll probably say they don't meet minimum system requirements. But I wasn't having this issue at all before the most recent update.

Title is a good summary of what's happening, but let me explain further. If I'm just standing around normally and open up my inventory, all of my inputs get laggy and unresponsive. When I open some sort of storage interface, it almost stops recognizing my inputs completely. I specify inputs, because nothing else slows down. NPCs keep moving, particle effects keep happening, music is still perfectly fine etc. The only thing it affects is my inputs (mouse movement and clicking, wasd to move etc.)

The problem seems to be more pronounced while I'm on my ship, and opening larger containers like storage lockers seems to more completely and more reliably freeze up my controls. Most of the time, by mashing the escape key, I can exit out of the storage UI and keep playing perfectly normally. This is quite the issue, as I can't loot items, store items, or even do things like put my pets in the healing station.

Just for completeness sake, I will provide my specs. However, as I said, while they are god-awful and below the listed system requirement, I was having absolutely zero issues of this kind before the latest update. Why I'm so confused is that I don't think anything should have changed with opening storage and the inventory UI, as the newest update was mainly bounties and rare creatures. It's a real headscratcher on my part...

• Windows 10 pro
    • intel core i3-2330m cpu @ 2.20GHz
    • 3 GB ram
    • 64-bit os and processor
    • intel 3000 integrated laptop graphics

2. Yomoj0

Yomoj0 Intergalactic Tourist

Update: When launching them game fresh (such as after restarting my computer), everything seems to work normally for about 1 minute, including opening storage lockers on my ship. It doesn't take long, however, for my inputs to start freezing when opening storage again.