Howdy.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Proginoskes, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Proginoskes

Proginoskes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've just joined a couple seconds ago.
    I love Starbound! But I guess you could assume that.
    I've never used forums before. Anything I should know?
    Thank you.

MetaFace likes this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

MetaFace likes this.
  3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Hello, friend. Enjoy the stay and obey your mods, also drink plenty of water and eat your veggies and fruit.

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

*destroys the roof and comes in*
    Hello there buddy :D

5. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Welcome aboard :3

6. Proginoskes

Thank you, all of you! Also, thanks for the links, Pangaea. :)

I'm scared of accidentally abandoning the forums, so I'll try to make at least 3 posts per day.

7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Don'tchu worry 'bou that buddy, there'll be ups and downs

8. Proginoskes

Thank you, D.M.G.

D.M.G. likes this.
  9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Ya're welcome ^^

10. .jpeg

.jpeg Seal Broken

Nice to meet you, @Proginoskes . I think most of us on these forums love Starbound, or cherish it in a certain manner, because these forums were created with the intention of discussing Starbound at the very start. Who'd waste their time signing up only to hate on the game?

Forums are very easy to get used to, but perhaps that's because I've been a forum dweller for quite some time. The only things you should know are the rules, and if you need help then you can find the font things in the respective sections, threads, or subforums. Let me clear up a few things you need to know about forums format.

Each section you see on the front page is what is dubbed as a 'forum'. An example of this could be Forum Info & Announcements or perhaps this very Introduce Yourself! forum that we find ourselves in. Under most forums there is what we call a 'subforum'. This is used to split discussion into various categories to better filter content, reduce clutter, and keep pertinent topics alive. In the forum or subforum, you will find a 'thread'. A thread can be about whatever you want it to be within the realm of reason and the topic of the forum you're in. If I want to suggest my brand new idea for a Pearlpea Machine Gun, I'd head over to Starbound Discussion --> Suggestions --> Gear and Items . And to finish, when you want to contribute to the topic, you make what's called a 'post'. This should be rather self explanatory, and it seems you've prematurely got the gist of it.

I will leave you with a few useful links to better your forum experience and help you in case of general confusion:
    • First up you have the Chucklefish Forum Rules thread, created by the wonderful administrator known only as mollygos to us mortals. The most important thread, it should clear up some questions you might pose yourself. Remember to stick by what's written in this thread.
    • Next is the Name Change Request thread. Whilst not nearly as important, it definitely helps if you want to change up your profile info.
    • There's also the Website & Forum Support forum that consists of two subforums where you can ask away with any queries of yours.
    • To finish up there's a general Help section that covers things like smilies, BBcode, and trophies to name a few. A very useful read if you have the time and patience to look through.

Realmseeker likes this.
  11. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

@.jpeg, Pangaea has already done it ^^'

12. .jpeg

.jpeg Seal Broken

Because Pangaea has briefly welcomed the new member and shown two links, that completely renders my entire welcome and forum guide useless? At least I'm contributing something somewhat coherent and doing everything in my power to help out a new member who is unfamiliar with the forum configuration.

13. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Heyo~! Aaawk~!

Welcome to the universe!

14. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I know, I just don't think loading people with rules is the key to comfort them

15. .jpeg

.jpeg Seal Broken

Loading people with rules is not the same as giving a detailed explanation to the forum system and passing a few useful links. You can think of me as monotonous, as unwelcoming, but introductions also serve as platforms to help and really welcome new members. I think I am doing the best I am to help these members off to a good start.

Crossfang likes this.
  16. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

You are certainly helping in away
    Anyway, we're gettin' off thread, so if ya wanna follow the rules we should get back to da welcome thingy

Crossfang likes this.
  17. NovaJ

NovaJ Sandwich Man

Howdy partner I reckon you ain't here for a showdown are ya? Pass on through this here town safely now. Hi welcome to the forums

18. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

[​IMG]

• Read the forum rules here
    • Avoid Double posting. You can always edit your previous post.
    • You can change your forum name here
    • The Forum Signature is off by default , you can turn it on in your account preferences
    • And lastly , have fun!
    • Also, I do free starbound-related art requests here
    • and Stardew Valley - related art here

19. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar