1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed How you won me over for a pre-order (and a question)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Frosthaven, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosthaven

Frosthaven Subatomic Cosmonaut

The winning formula
    Many gaming companies (especially Indie titles) try to boost sales by offering pre-order bonuses. This is usually the end of effort on the part of developers. "Hey, buy our game early and you can have this really cool glove" or something along those lines.

I'm going to be 30 this year, and quite honestly the little gimmicky gifts you get with Indie pre-orders don't excite me like they used to.

What I found when I heard about this game, and Chucklefish, was not only a group of devs who were energetic about their creation, but it seems like you guys are dumping your soul into it. You communicate daily with the community, constantly receiving feedback (not just letting it collect in the corner). I feel like it's been 10 years since I've found a company that was this passionate about their game AND it's perceived community. I honestly haven't felt this way since the original Blizzard North team pre-Warcraft III.

The question
    I pre-ordered the game with the small $5.00 upcharge to become a donor. I'm considering upping that pre-order to a higher tier if this level of communication with your fans continues, but I'm not sure if that's possible? If not, then I'm sure I can talk one of my friends into getting the game and I'll just dump some money on him for a higher tier pre-order.

Eriktion and Ἄνουβις like this.
  2. I think you can buy the game again if you want (Higher Tier as you said) and you'll receive it by e-mail again provided by you while doing the purchase.
    Also, like you said you can talk your friends into getting this game too and you'll add some extra $$$ for their purchase and that's it.
    I love supporting indie dev just as you do, too bad I was unable to tip them more money.
    Oh well, it happens :)

3. You can purchase another copy/different tier if you want, but if you just want to upgrade the package you currently have to a higher tier for its "rewards", as listed in this thread:
    So yes, it's possible, though a bit of work since they'll have to refund you first, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.