1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed how will we get the game email or steam

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by warcore, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

the email i used for the pre order is different from my steam email
    will we get the game through steam or email
    will i have to change my steam email to get starbound
    (also if i change my steam email will i have to relog into steam:) )

2. Preno

Preno Subatomic Cosmonaut

are you serious?

3. mega5657

mega5657 Orbital Explorer

From my understanding when the pre-order comes out you will receive a message in the email you used to purchase the game. This message will come with a link to download the game directly, and also a steam key to activate with your steam account. Now I'm not sure if the game is coming out solely on steam, but whatever the platform of its release you will still have the steam key to activate on your account.

So no, you will not have to change your email to receive the game.
    Hope this helps

Nikolai5 and Zombie Draxx like this.
  4. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

@Preno, apparently so.
    On Topic: Just a speculation, I think you don't get the steam version unless that email has a steam account under it.
    Other than that, you can play the legit NON-Steam version via download @ the Humble Bundle page once the beta/ the game is released.

EDIT: ...:ninja:

5. warcore

thanks ive been confused for weeks about this:D

6. Dr Fury

Dr Fury Orbital Explorer

Yep you don't really need to change your email, you will get a steam key whenever it's available, you will be notify with the email you bought it with and then use the steam key for your steam account. :D

7. MasterWii

MasterWii Twenty-three is number one

Hm, i can't buying this game :(

8. Zenuel

Zenuel Cosmic Narwhal

There's no need for that, you're not helping anybody.

And since it's going through the Humble bundle site, you'll be emailed first and foremost!

9. warcore

i dont see why you cant be ether way i feel sorry for you:((and if you mean that as in "starbound sucks" then go to hell:cool: )

10. MasterWii

Starbound is amazing game. Why you talk about this "starbound sucks"?

11. Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

I was personally hoping they would integrate it with Steamworks. Mostly for the achievements and to be able to join a game from your friends list. Also mod support.

Haku and Auraknight like this.
  12. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

There was no need for that, they asked a legitimate question. Please don't be rude.

Iroza, Haku, DudeUA and 4 others like this.
  13. adamjsams

adamjsams Aquatic Astronaut

I know a lot of people would be against that, but I for one would be all for it. It would be sooooooooooo much simpler to just click on a friend playing and select "join".

Stylµs likes this.
  14. The non-steam version will be available from the link that was sent to you when you pre-ordered, the same page where can you download the soundtrack. As for steam, it won't be automatically added to your account; you will be given a steam "key" which you can add to any steam account you wish (but it only works once).

15. coruun

coruun Void-Bound Voyager

From my experience with HumbleStore, I know, that the Steam key will appear on this page directly above your downloads (atm only the soundtrack). There is no need for a special email adress.

16. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

my best guess is that they will send you a mail that you should check your humble bundle account.
    There you will find a link to download the game, or you can opt to get a steam key from there. They can do this in the beta stage already as they also did it with the games castle story and FTL. (they being indi studios in general)

Profound Madness likes this.
  17. coruun

coruun Void-Bound Voyager

I quickly checked my emails: I never got an email about the Steam key of Incredipede. I only noticed the deployment of keys by following the developer on Twitter.

But I think, Chucklefish will do a big announcement, when it's time ;)

18. MasterWii

Hey, humble bundle is close right now(

19. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

I currently have no problems with humble bundle whatsoever, i also think you should contact them if you keep having problems with it

MasterWii likes this.
  20. MasterWii

Thank"s i ill try later)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.