1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How will Starbound be Advertised?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dynafols, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

I MAKE Let's Plays, and have never seen the point of sitting watching someone else play a game. But some people like it. o.o

2. Cush

Cush Void-Bound Voyager

I just find it really strange that it has taken off so well, though I understand watching competitive videos or skilled people livestreaming their games, but the concept of watching someone play a sandbox/adventure game seems to boring to me when I could be playing it myself.

In any case it would be a great form of advertisement, I mean they are watched by tens of thousands of people in a short space of time, and potentially millions as the months go by. Better yet, its free!

3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Well I think simply a maker from Terraria working on it will get it enough advertizement.

4. Spam

Spam Void-Bound Voyager

It won't. It will do that by itself.

5. Dsc

Dsc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Honestly, given that it's related to Terraria due to Tiy it'll probably end up in the top games when released on Steam then that alone would be enough to propel it up as far as advertising goes, and that's not including various video game review sites and LPs that people will be doing.

6. SagginPT

SagginPT Space Penguin Leader

They can glue advertisements with the starbound homepage on squids.

WelshPixie likes this.
  7. WelshPixie

WelshPixie Former Staff

That's ingenious.

8. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Don't worry I've hired some alien mercenaries to spread the word of Starbound all over the world, those that don't buy it without a good reason will be captured, tested on, and then dissected for further analysis of why they're so stupid.

9. Shesiressu

Shesiressu Guest

I don't think there will be any advertisements via. TV because it is just too expensive.

Maybe when the game is released, but I don't think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.