How was you Xmas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by destiny82, Dec 28, 2015.

1. destiny82

destiny82 Void-Bound Voyager

If you celebrated it, how was it, how'd you spend it, what'd you get, was your steam account advertised in that whole debacle:urgh:.

If you did celebrate it what did you do? :)

P.S -I usually lurk but In case any one is wondering why I am starting off-shot threads is so that we can come together peacefully and not argue about what the game has or doesn't have. So we can be at peace and harmony like the old days

2. Teien

Teien Subatomic Cosmonaut

I celebratet together with my grandmother, mom and my boyfriend. It was quiet and chill, which was really what I needed! I'm glad it's soon over though, christmas is a bunch of stress and my wallet hurts :facepalm: Now I'm just waiting for CA to come home from his vacation and the steam sale to end, so we hoefully can get a release date!

How was your christmas? If you celebrated.
    I like these threads that brings the community together!

3. destiny82

destiny82 Void-Bound Voyager

Mine was quiet. After a year of helping a lot of people (I noticed my apartment building is mostly older residence so I put up a notice in the lobby offering to help with tech related items) A group from my building pooled together a 400$ gift card for me which was really nice and touching. Got my wife an easel as I noticed she is really getting back into her art and a record player for my father in law ( since they seem to be making a comeback). Spent xmas even with the in-laws watching TV and drinking too much tea. then Boxing day over spend on a new bed and mattress:cry:

Overall it was pleasant.

Teien likes this.
  4. oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Excellent, I'd say

Teien likes this.
  5. Kinja

Kinja Cosmic Narwhal

I ate way too many fatty traditional foods. Bought a couple of games on the steam sale(Armello, Craft the World and Starbound). Spent some time with my family and mostly tried to get a lot of rest in after a very tiring year :)

6. Teien

Do you recomend craft the world?

7. Kinja

Kinja Cosmic Narwhal

Definitely, it's well worth it's current discounted price tag. I'v already put 12 hours into it and i'v not even finished one world yet(didn't even get through the whole tech tree so far), plus i really like dwarfs and making them do my bidding :lickitung:

8. Halcyon Turtles

Halcyon Turtles Space Penguin Leader

It's been a good one, quiet here. We relaxed with friends, even talked a bit about Stardew Valley, and my spouce got a new piano. Well on paper at least, it's delivered Thursday and then the house should be filled with happy tunes.

Teien likes this.
  9. Teien

Thanks! I'll check it out :D

10. djdeathrow

djdeathrow Pangalactic Porcupine

I did spend it with my familly and my girlfriend. I do also ate a lotsa fat traditional dish. I received some nice gift, cash, and steam games. Also a voodoo kind of doll. A bunny plush (even if i do not know why, since im more than 24years old)

11. Terrax7

Terrax7 Big Damn Hero

I got Cosmic Encounters. It's a board game. A really fun board game which is why I was wanting it for Xmas.

12. Kinja

Kinja Cosmic Narwhal

Glad i could help. You, and everyone else, should also check out http://store.steampowered.com/app/347940, it might also scratch your farming itch for a bit until we get our hands on Stardew Valley :D

13. Leezeebub

Leezeebub Big Damn Hero

Mine was good thanks. Had a meal with mother during the day, then headed over to my girlfriend for the evening.

Then on Sunday I went out with some friends to celebrate my 30th birthday and we all got very drunk. One of my friends brought a card game called coup to the clubs but it didn't last long and was interrupted by a round of jäger bombs.

Now today is my actual birthday so I'm out having lunch with the girlfriend and meeting up with the rest of my family for a Wagamamas feast later tonight :)

It's been a good week. I

14. Teien

Again, thanks a ton! Bought that right away! Hopefully it will ease the waiting a bit :)

15. Kinja

Kinja Cosmic Narwhal

Great, it's a 1 man show just like Stardew Valley and the guy really deserves support. I had a ton of fun with it back in feb when i discovered it, i just made a huge farm with every possible type of crop :D

Happy birthday mate!:party:

Leezeebub likes this.
  16. brugomes

brugomes Void-Bound Voyager

Its was awesome <3 tks for asking

Leezeebub likes this.
  17. Teien

Happy birthday :party:

Leezeebub likes this.
  18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to the Social General Discussion subforum, since this isn't related to Stardew Valley.

19. Kinja

Kinja Cosmic Narwhal

Not to challenge mod decisions or anything but does it ever occur to you guys that these threads are "related" to the games on who's forums they're made on? That maybe we don't care about/don't want to be a part of the larger community and when someone makes a thread like this he's interested only in what the people of that game's forum, the people he/she interacts with on a regular basis, have to say on the subject? Honestly, no one from our community ever posts on them again after they're moved, is that not a big enough clue that it would be better to leave them where they are? :)

20. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I understand where you're coming from, but the reason we have subforums like the Social one is for threads that aren't directly related to a particular game. This is based on the topic, not the people posting in it. There's also a matter of centralization, as it makes our job easier if all the off-topic threads are in the same place, and we don't have to deal with different subforums having their own regulation and preferences. But if we've got a case where people are so reluctant to leave their subforum and interact with people outside it, and this isn't compatible with the way the forum operates, then perhaps something might need to change.

Whatever the case, it'd be off-topic to discuss it here. Ordona seems to be aware of this sort of issue, so I'd suggest PMing him if you'd like the decision reversed.