Modding Help How to update mods for SMAPI 2.0

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 3, 2017.

1. BaconCatBug

BaconCatBug Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you very much Pathoschild!

The Mod Seed Bag (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1133?tab=posts) is giving the following error:

[11:40:07 TRACE SMAPI] Seed Bag uses deprecated code (IReflectionHelper.GetPrivate* is deprecated since SMAPI 2.3).

Since this mod is all but essential, if someone could fix that so it no longer uses deprecated code that would be amazing. There is also a bug in it that allows you to put tree seeds into it but that's beyond the scope of this thread, but I'd mention it just in case.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

@BaconCatBug No worries, that code will continue working until SMAPI 3.0 (which is still a long way off). If the mod hasn't been updated by then, I'll update it. :)

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey! I just noticed that Siv's Marriage Mod is now Open Source (they have no plans on updating it), would it be possible to jury rig it just to make it playable?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

Thanks @Berret! I'll take a look. I posted a message in the mod's thread.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

@Jokerine Thanks for pointing out the permission clause. Unfortunately that doesn't cover updating and redistributing the mod itself, and the code isn't openly available.

• mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

@Lajna Pet Enhancements causes a repeating SMAPI error, lags and makes the game go unresponsive if used in a new game where you don't yet have a pet. It occurs with no other mods installed, but when I went on a farm that does have a pet, no error happened.

Here is my log https://log.smapi.io/pgqaGVvS

• Mizzion

Mizzion Starship Captain

As per the wiki I am posting my update here. I have updated CJB's Cheat menu based on a request for increased fruit tree production. I've also sent in a pull request. (As long as I did it right lol)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

@Mizzion Thanks! I merged your changes into the next CJB Cheats Menu release. This thread is intended for unofficial fixes when a mod stops working in the latest versions though. :)

• medoli900

medoli900 Intergalactic Tourist

There's my patch for SivsMarriageMod.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

@medoli900 Thanks! For the unofficial update, could you change the version to 1.2.3-medoli900-update? That way, players using it will be notified if there's an official 1.2.3 update.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

Here's @medoli900's update with a standardised manifest and including the non-SMAPI files. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
                        • genman

genman Star Wrangler

@Pathoschild
                          I launch SMAPI and find a strange message log.
                          This doesn't affect anything, but I still feel confused that I don't find any mods meeting this version.
                          I search all mods I used , but no manifest.json tell this 1.6.8h version.

[SMAPI] System.FormatException: The input '1.6.8h' isn't a valid semantic versio
                          n.
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Common.SemanticVersionImpl..ctor(String version) in C:\s
                          ource\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Common\SemanticVersionImpl.cs:line 75
                          at StardewModdingAPI.SemanticVersion..ctor(String version) in C:\source\_Star
                          dew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\SemanticVersion.cs:line 50
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Program.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<CheckForUpdatesAsync>b__0
                          () in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 620

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

• genman

genman Star Wrangler

@Pathoschild
                            Yeah,Your reply gives me the answer.:disshappy:
                            [22:49:26 TRACE SMAPI] Longevity (Nexus:649): update error: Mod has invalid semantic version '1.6.8h'.

But this doesn't solve my confusion , where is the 'h' in manifest ?I just find 1.6.8 version.
                            Here is the information from Longevity Mod json.

{
                            "Name": "Longevity",
                            "Author": "RTGOAT",
                            "Version":
                            {
                            "MajorVersion": 1,
                            "MinorVersion": 6,
                            "PatchVersion": 8,
                            "Build": ""
                            },
                            "Description": "Platform that will be used to continually add longevity to the game.",
                            "UniqueID": "RTGOAT.Longevity",
                            "PerSaveConfigs": false,
                            "EntryDll": "Longevity.dll"
                            }

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do believe that this may be the source of the problem...

[​IMG]
                              ^ As you can see, the mod author has the current version set to 1.6.8h, even if the manifest may not reflect it.

genman likes this.
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

@genman That error shouldn't happen, since SMAPI has a special rule to fix Longevity's version. Can you upload your SMAPI log and post the link here?

• genman

genman Star Wrangler

@Pathoschild
                                  Here is my uploaded SMAPI log
                                  https://log.smapi.io/3K9kbyua

I suppose that it is not my local mod problem , since I check its detail 1.6.8 .
                                  But on Nexus site , the latest version is 1.6.8h.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Oxygen Tank

@genman That error is fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.5.5.

• ChickleFush

ChickleFush Space Hobo

Does anyone know how to update the mod "PierreGeneralStoreMod"? I went into this website "https : / / smapi.io / compat" to find newer versions of it, but i can't seem to find it at all nor was i able to find it in NexusMods.