Modding Help How to update mods for SMAPI 2.0

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 3, 2017.

1. BaconCatBug

BaconCatBug Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you very much Pathoschild!

The Mod Seed Bag (https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1133?tab=posts) is giving the following error:

[11:40:07 TRACE SMAPI] Seed Bag uses deprecated code (IReflectionHelper.GetPrivate* is deprecated since SMAPI 2.3).

Since this mod is all but essential, if someone could fix that so it no longer uses deprecated code that would be amazing. There is also a bug in it that allows you to put tree seeds into it but that's beyond the scope of this thread, but I'd mention it just in case.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@BaconCatBug No worries, that code will continue working until SMAPI 3.0 (which is still a long way off). If the mod hasn't been updated by then, I'll update it. :)

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey! I just noticed that Siv's Marriage Mod is now Open Source (they have no plans on updating it), would it be possible to jury rig it just to make it playable?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks @Berret! I'll take a look. I posted a message in the mod's thread.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Jokerine Thanks for pointing out the permission clause. Unfortunately that doesn't cover updating and redistributing the mod itself, and the code isn't openly available.

• mominthevalley

mominthevalley Void-Bound Voyager

@Lajna Pet Enhancements causes a repeating SMAPI error, lags and makes the game go unresponsive if used in a new game where you don't yet have a pet. It occurs with no other mods installed, but when I went on a farm that does have a pet, no error happened.

Here is my log https://log.smapi.io/pgqaGVvS

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

As per the wiki I am posting my update here. I have updated CJB's Cheat menu based on a request for increased fruit tree production. I've also sent in a pull request. (As long as I did it right lol)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Mizzion Thanks! I merged your changes into the next CJB Cheats Menu release. This thread is intended for unofficial fixes when a mod stops working in the latest versions though. :)

• medoli900

medoli900 Intergalactic Tourist

There's my patch for SivsMarriageMod.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@medoli900 Thanks! For the unofficial update, could you change the version to 1.2.3-medoli900-update? That way, players using it will be notified if there's an official 1.2.3 update.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Here's @medoli900's update with a standardised manifest and including the non-SMAPI files. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
                        • genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Pathoschild
                          I launch SMAPI and find a strange message log.
                          This doesn't affect anything, but I still feel confused that I don't find any mods meeting this version.
                          I search all mods I used , but no manifest.json tell this 1.6.8h version.

[SMAPI] System.FormatException: The input '1.6.8h' isn't a valid semantic versio
                          n.
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Common.SemanticVersionImpl..ctor(String version) in C:\s
                          ource\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI.Common\SemanticVersionImpl.cs:line 75
                          at StardewModdingAPI.SemanticVersion..ctor(String version) in C:\source\_Star
                          dew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\SemanticVersion.cs:line 50
                          at StardewModdingAPI.Program.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<CheckForUpdatesAsync>b__0
                          () in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 620

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• genman

@Pathoschild
                            Yeah,Your reply gives me the answer.:disshappy:
                            [22:49:26 TRACE SMAPI] Longevity (Nexus:649): update error: Mod has invalid semantic version '1.6.8h'.

But this doesn't solve my confusion , where is the 'h' in manifest ?I just find 1.6.8 version.
                            Here is the information from Longevity Mod json.

{
                            "Name": "Longevity",
                            "Author": "RTGOAT",
                            "Version":
                            {
                            "MajorVersion": 1,
                            "MinorVersion": 6,
                            "PatchVersion": 8,
                            "Build": ""
                            },
                            "Description": "Platform that will be used to continually add longevity to the game.",
                            "UniqueID": "RTGOAT.Longevity",
                            "PerSaveConfigs": false,
                            "EntryDll": "Longevity.dll"
                            }

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

I do believe that this may be the source of the problem...

[​IMG]
                              ^ As you can see, the mod author has the current version set to 1.6.8h, even if the manifest may not reflect it.

genman likes this.
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@genman That error shouldn't happen, since SMAPI has a special rule to fix Longevity's version. Can you upload your SMAPI log and post the link here?

• genman

@Pathoschild
                                  Here is my uploaded SMAPI log
                                  https://log.smapi.io/3K9kbyua

I suppose that it is not my local mod problem , since I check its detail 1.6.8 .
                                  But on Nexus site , the latest version is 1.6.8h.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@genman That error is fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.5.5.

• ChickleFush

ChickleFush Space Hobo

Does anyone know how to update the mod "PierreGeneralStoreMod"? I went into this website "https : / / smapi.io / compat" to find newer versions of it, but i can't seem to find it at all nor was i able to find it in NexusMods.