Modding Help How to update mods for SMAPI 2.0

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 3, 2017.

1. ddgroves

ddgroves Seal Broken

Compatibility update for RiseAndShine.

Pathoschild and HopeWasHere like this.
    • julianorc

julianorc Void-Bound Voyager

Just installed the Tree Overhaul and SMAPI give me that...

[SMAPI] Faster Paths failed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
      Failed loading type 'Entoarox.Framework.IModHelperExtensions': System.TypeLoadException: Não foi possível carregar o tipo Entoarox.Framework.IModHelperExtensions do assembly EntoaroxFramework, Version=1.8.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
      em Entoarox.FasterPaths.FasterPaths.Entry(IModHelper helper)
      em StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, SContentManager contentManager) na C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:linha 808

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Giant Laser Beams

• Pathoschild

@ddgroves Thanks! The official version of Rise And Shine is at 1.1, but your update is 1.0.1-*. Can you change your version number to 1.1.1-whisk-update to avoid confusion?

• ddgroves

ddgroves Seal Broken

Sorry, I didn't catch that. I will fix it!

Edit: Pathoschild, can you please fix the link of the wiki, it will not let me change it. I tried to but it saying the my actions are "automatically identified as harmful, and therefore disallowed" when all I am trying to do is change the link.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
          • Pathoschild

• julianorc

julianorc Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
          • Pathoschild

@julianorc A few suggested fixes:
            1. Remove the CFAutomate mod (it's no longer compatible).
            2. Update to Advanced Location Loader 1.3.6+.
            3. Update to XNB Loader 1.1.9+.
            4. Delete your TreeOverhaul/config.json (your current file is broken; deleting it will regenerate a working version).
            Then try loading the game. If you're still getting errors, post your latest SMAPI log again. :)

julianorc likes this.
            • Lajna

Lajna Lucky Number 13

I updated the PetEnhancment mod to SMAPI 2.2

Attached Files:

HopeWasHere and Pathoschild like this.
              • LegendDarkness9

LegendDarkness9 Void-Bound Voyager

Asking as a user here, would it be possible to update the No Friendship Decay mod: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/no-friendship-decay.108278/
                Its horribly out of date, but as far as i can see (with my very limited experience), there are just two lines of deprecated code and i havent found a replacement beside a cheat mod.
                Log:
                [22:17:09 ERROR SMAPI] Skipped 1 mods:
                [22:17:09 ERROR SMAPI] No Friendship Decay 1.1 because it's no longer compatible (detected StardewModdingAPI.Events.TimeEvents.DayOfMonthChanged event). Please check for a newer version of the mod.

• Pathoschild

• LegendDarkness9

LegendDarkness9 Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild Thanks for the answer. I tried to compile the updated version myself but couldn't get Stardew Modding to work with Visual Studio 2017. So for clarification: I need to create a c# class, set .net to 4.5 and reference the nuget package, right? Afterwards i just have to code and can compile the mod?. Because i had problems with the xna assembly, it says that is not referenced.
                  Sorry if it is the wrong thread for this.

Edit: Worked fine on my second computer. Strange. Going to rewrite the code a bit and trying to ask the original creator for permission to publish it.

Edit2: The Author was last loged in 1 and a half years ago, might publish it with the note that he can ask me to take it down at any time.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017 at 8:19 PM
                  • Pathoschild