Modding Help How to update mods for SMAPI 2.0

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Verne

Verne Astral Cartographer

@Pathoschild I've just noticed...the mod Easier Farming is listed as 'Easier Fishing' in the compatibility list!

[​IMG]

Regarding Happy Animals, if @StarPeanut doesn't come back soon, would it be frowned upon for me to post a mod request in the Mods forum for a replacement? I'm still a bit new to the community, so I'm not sure.

Thanks for all you do for the game and community! :D

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

@spacechase0's Map Image Exporter mod doesn't seem to be getting along with 2.0 despite being listed as compatible. I tried both 1.0.2 and 1.0.3, same error with both.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Ciriun. That's a SMAPI 2.0 bug which is fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.1. Sorry about that!

Ciriun likes this.
        • Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the quick response! Good to know it's already a known bug.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Verne It's fine to request a replacement for an outdated mod.

• Verne

Verne Astral Cartographer

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Map Image Export doesn't seem to work with SMAPI 2.0. Every time I try to export an image of my farm, I get this error:
              Code:
              [13:41:13 INFO  Map Image Exporter] Rendering Farm...
              [13:41:13 ERROR Map Image Exporter] Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: SMAPI blocked access by Map Image Exporter to its internals through the reflection API. Accessing the SMAPI internals is strongly discouraged since they're subject to change, which means the mod can break without warning.
                 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ReflectionHelper.AssertAccessAllowed(Type type) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 188
                 at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ModHelpers.ReflectionHelper.GetPrivateMethod(Object obj, String name, Boolean required) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ModHelpers\ReflectionHelper.cs:line 136
                 at MapImageExporter.Mod.export(RenderQueueEntry render) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\MapImageExporter\Mod.cs:line 393
              I'll include my error log and also post it on the original thread as well.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Thanks @Xuomi. That's a known issue with Map Image Export that's fixed in the upcoming SMAPI 2.1.

Xuomi likes this.
                • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

• Furikuri

Furikuri Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild Would it be possible to get a fix for Farm Automation Unofficial: Item Collector rather then be directed to get Automate. Automate lacks the functionality to collect items from Barns/Coops which was a important part of it.

• Raider480

Raider480 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Pathoschild Speaking of Automate adjacent mods...
                    The Custom Farming/Automate bridge mod, available here as CFAutomate under Custom Farming's optional files on the Nexus, no longer works. Relevant snippets from the SMAPI log:
                    Code:
                    [...]
                    [01:28:21 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Custom Farming Automate Bridge from CFAutomate\CFAutomate.dll...
                    [01:28:21 TRACE SMAPI]    Failed: it's no longer compatible. Please check for a newer version at
                    [...]
                    [01:28:24 ERROR SMAPI] Skipped 1 mods:
                    [01:28:24 ERROR SMAPI]    Custom Farming Automate Bridge 1.0.1 because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a newer version at
                    [...]
                    I'm not really sure why it doesn't link to the parent (Custom Farming) mod page in the log like outdated mods usually do, e.g. something like:
                    Code:
                    [...] Failed: it's no longer compatible. Please check for a newer version at https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/991
                    The Nexus shows that this file hasn't been touched since April, like the main file for the mod proper.
                    The file in question can be found here at the author's Git page, where its code was last modified on 5 October.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

You can use Automate with Advanced Machines to automate cow milking, but there's no replacement for the other animals that I know of. I'd rather focus on improving Automate and adding missing features, so I probably won't update Item Collector any further. If someone else updates the mod (it's open-source), I'll update the compatibility list.

Updating that one is difficult, because it depends on an old Automate bug that allowed access to the automation internals. The bug no longer exists and the internals have changed significantly since then. Once transport pipes are released, supporting mod integrations like that is the next goal. Thanks for pointing out the missing URL; I'll fix that in the next SMAPI release.

• Bloodyfaery

Bloodyfaery Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone! (I write as a simple user and I'm not sure to be in the right section, sorry if I'm not!)

I've waited some time and even sent a nice message to Igorious about his mod Showcase.
                        I loved this mod that broke with smapi 2.0. It is listed as needing "an update from the author", but... since the author is nowhere to be found, maybe someone here could be able to fix it?
                        It would be so great not to have this two chairs stuck with a fish on it, which replaces the previous showcase furniture!
                        Thank you so much if anything can be done!
                        And thanks for everything that has already been done!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @Bloodyfaery. Unfortunately that mod's code is particularly complex. I do plan to update it at some point, but it's a lower priority than the current SMAPI development. If someone else updates it first, I'd be happy to add it to the list.

Bloodyfaery likes this.
                          • harvy2004

harvy2004 Space Spelunker

Hi @Pathoschild I have grabbed a fixed fork of the ChestLabelSystem Mod from you here: https://gitlab.com/marianomdq/ChestNameWithHoverLabel/merge_requests/2 I built it locally and it works fine(TM) to the best of my knowledge.
                            I'm not sure what the procedure is here, as you have updated the mod but not pushed it via SMAPI. The status is "Assume Broken" is that because you haven't tested it? "The wiki page say to contact you directly to update the list. I will upload this to my github account shortly to give access to the SC. I guess for nexus mods, I will have to upload to there directly.
                            As for the SMAPI checker, how do you update the compatibility status, is it with every release?

• Bloodyfaery

Bloodyfaery Void-Bound Voyager

Fair enough, I get that! I hope it will be taken care of eventually! Thanks anyway!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@harvy2004 SMAPI's internal compatibility list is tied to the mod version. In this case, SMAPI assumes Chest Label System up to version 1.6 is broken. For an unofficial update, I recommend setting the version number to 1.6.1-harvy2004-update; SMAPI will recognise it as a newer version and enable the mod (assuming it doesn't detect any issues).

• ddgroves

ddgroves Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I went ahead and got AutoWatering by aurnj working again since he hasn't updated it since Jan 2017. I uploaded it to NexusMods - AutoWater.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@ddgroves Thanks! I added it to the list.