1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Important HOW TO SUBMIT BUG REPORTS

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by tccoxon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

When reporting bugs to us, following a few simple rules can help make bugs much easier to identify and fix:
    1. See if you can trigger the bug again by repeating what you did.
    2. Submit each bug in its own thread. Only reply to an existing thread if you are absolutely certain that you have the same bug.
    3. Give your thread a descriptive and specific title. "Crash" is not specific, whereas (for example) "Game crashes when the load game menu opens" is.
    4. Include as much relevant information in the body of your post as you can (see below).
    What to include in your report

When reporting bugs to us, including a few bits of extra information can help a lot. Try to include:
    • What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
    • What were you doing in the game at the time? (e.g. switching to full screen mode / talking to Linus on Spirit's Eve)
    • Whether you were able to trigger the bug again by repeating what you did.
    • Your operating system name and version.
    • If you have Windows, whether you can also trigger the bug on the latest Windows build of Stardew Valley.
    • Whether you're in full screen or windowed mode.
    • If the game crashed, attach (or link) your error logs. These can be found in
      • Linux: ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
      • Mac: ~/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
    • Your current content BuildID. You can find this by right-clicking "Stardew Valley [mac_linux_test]" in your Steam library clicking properties. The BuildID is displayed under the buttons on the Local Files tab.
    Example bug report

Title: Crash when switching to windowed mode

• Greenjedis

Greenjedis Space Hobo

When I try to use my picaxe to get the acorns in the ground they disappear! So I can't make any food!

• Netherrack

Netherrack Void-Bound Voyager

I encountered 2 bugs:
        1. after donating 5 things to museum, I could not receive the reward. (Clicking on "get reward" resulted in nothing, the 5th item was a bone flute.)
        2. after triggering Linus' first cutscene, picking the second dialogue option crashed the game.

game was played in fullscreen, mac beta ver. (OS X El Capitan, 10.11.5)

error log link: http://paste.plurk.com/show/2409409/

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Locking thread as bugs should be reporting in new threads.

Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.