1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help How to set up different Mod combinations for different servers?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Mariel141, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Mariel141

Mariel141 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If there is a tutorial for this somewhere, please let me know! I'm quite new to modding Starbound, and my main hesitation to do so is that I can't figure out how to 'group' mods and then turn them on and off as I need them.

For instance, I might use one character to play with my friends who have no mods, but another character on a multiplayer server that has lots of mods, and then another character on a different server with just a couple mods...

In order to prevent conflict, I feel like I need a way to switch the mods on and off quickly based on which char/server I'm playing on.

Is there an easy way to do this through Steam? How do other people handle this?

Thanks!

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Crreate a mod collection and just subscribe to the one you need at the time. Though it will require you to redownload the mods every time.

Steam really wasnt designed for this type of thing, let alone most any game. The implimentation could be MUCH better, but for whatever reason chucklefish decided to make it difficult.