1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

How to remove placed space station backdrops (mod)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Mattaclysm, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Mattaclysm

Mattaclysm Tentacle Wrangler

Hi, everyone. Hopefully this is the right place to ask this.

I'm playing modded Starbound, and while sifting through stuff in the Spawnable Items Pack, I found all of the space station backdrops. I placed one over my ship, because I'm literally five years old and have zero self-control, and now it's stuck there, mostly obscured by the tiles I've placed in the background of my ship but still visible above and below the hull and it looks awful. I cannot, for the life of me, find the spot that I need to hit with any of my manipulators, drills or even the fish-axe, to destroy or remove it from where I placed it.

I tried to see if I could find that spot by placing it in an open space in the background of some random planet and messing around until it fell off or was destroyed, thinking that if I found the sweet spot, I could go back and do the same thing on my ship, but nothing seems to effect it no matter where I click. I also tried a trick where I just reset the ship by deleting the files that save the customization data, but it was still there when I logged back in.

Does this damn thing even HAVE a hitbox, or whatever it's called?? If I can place it, surely I should be able to destroy it, right? I once tried entering this command where it allows you to destroy things, but that was months ago and it either didn't work or I did it wrong.

I'm not even sure which mod it's associated with, so this is kind of a general cry for help. Any assistance would be golden. Thank you.

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

use /debug then /boxes. you should see a whole bunch of green and red boxes. what you need to mine is a green box clearly out of place. in order to place an object it must have at least 1 of these, so that's what you should break

3. Mattaclysm

Mattaclysm Tentacle Wrangler

Okay I did what you said and I can't see any boxes on this thing. Like it's almost as if it's a part of the background.

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

try using a world editor of some sort to remove it. idk how to help u further