Modding Help How to Remove Object in Ship?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by EmbiTea, Mar 24, 2017.

1. EmbiTea

EmbiTea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I've been using this site for reference when it came to using the /spawnitem command as /admin, came across an item/object and was curious to see what it looked like. Unfortunately, it's one of those objects you'd normally be unable to remove via the Matter Manipulator, and I can't pull it off of my ship in nor out of admin control. Now it's just stuck there doing a heckin bamboozlin' with me and the fact curiosity killed this cat.

I'm super hesitant with using hard-editing mods, and I've never tampered with Starbound files before, so I need help that would be really easy to understand for a fresh noobie like me. If it makes it easier, I've recently downloaded WEdit so if it can be used to solve this problem, we can do that too.

I have no idea where I should've placed this thread, I'm not exactly familiar with the Starbound Forums, so please feel free to move the thread into the appropriate category, forum staff members, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

if i can take the time to jump back into editing the files, and make my first leap into .object files, i might be able to make something to help. i need to know the item first, tho

just so u know, with what you've done, the only way to remove it is either mods, external programs, or the delete button

i stupid and forget

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If it's a placed object, in admin mode, while hovering your cursor on said object:
    Code:
    /entityeval object.smash()

smb64 and IHart like this.
  4. CobaltShroom

CobaltShroom Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a similar problem, and when I try /entityeval object.smash() it just says "Could not find scripted entity at cursor"

5. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is your cursor hovering the targeted object (within ~4 tiles)? I have no trouble smashing my ship locker, teleporter, etc. What object causes you trouble?

6. EmbiTea

Yeah it says the same thing for me. For the item in question for me, I placed down a protectorate light rays (item id being protectoratelightrays or something like that).

7. EmbiTea

oop it's cool, you're in the safe zone my dude. the item in question is the protectorate light rays (item id protectoratelightrays i believe)

8. Cyel

Cyel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm able to remove it via the command above; but you have to position your cursor at the bottom-left of the light rays:
    [​IMG]

I'm also able to remove it with the matter manipulator:
    [​IMG]

Maybe you've been missing the spot where it actually is? Or maybe I've missed something

You can see "where it actually is" by typing /debug then /boxes, but that might reduce your FPSes a lot:
    [​IMG]

IHart likes this.
  9. Nexus Of Chaos

seeing its the protectorate light rays, there's a possibility, like with all protectorate stuff, its hitbox is misplaced or nonexistent
    i just saw the above post
    do u hav any mods on u? i hav a mod making protectorate stuff obtainable, so they might hav a hitbox for me

10. EmbiTea

Got it! I just didn't know where its hitbox was, but the /debug -> /boxes really helped me out. Didn't know about those commands until now. Thanks a bunch, guys <3

And na, aside from an Undertale Music pack and the WEdit, I haven't thrown anything into the mods folder that'd probably tamper with those things just yet.

Cyel likes this.
  11. Nexus Of Chaos

at least i didn't hav to make a mod for it. never really had time

EmbiTea likes this.
  12. EmbiTea

It's the thought that counts lmao, I appreciate the help!