1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help How to move universe to a different server (win to lin)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Iggyboo, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Starbound Windows server or Linux server?

1. Windows

27.3%
  2. Linux

72.7%
  3. Mac!!!!?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Iggyboo

Iggyboo Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong here, but I was able to get a Starbound server running on Windows and it all seemed to go great. Now I'm trying to move that to a Linux box (Ubuntu) and I can start the server and connect to it BUT now it's generating a whole new universe. I copied all the files "as is" from the Windows install. Especially what I figured was the most important as the Universe folder. I then started the Linux server, logged in and it was a new world. I started the old Windows server up and it was the old world. I even shared the files on the Linux server and then ran the windows server from the shared files and it loaded up the old Windows Universe like I had just launched it from the Windows system again. So, I'm thinking that there is either a config file or the universes are tied to something else related to either profile or even architecture. Is that so? Anybody know where I can change it to load the appropriate universe or is this just the way it's coded? Thanks in advance!

2. Iggyboo

Iggyboo Void-Bound Voyager