How to make one way switch

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by BasicallyNuclear, Jun 1, 2017.

1. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

Hello, I'm trying to make a breaker panel like think and I want to have it so I have a main switch that disables the other switches when its off and when its on the other switches can control their own area if that makes sense?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Just connect everything to one basic lever

3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

No, see, what he wants to do is make it so that for something to be on, a player would have to flip both the main breaker switch and the individual switch that normally controls that thing. This can be achieved by wiring the breaker switch to one input of an AND gate, and then wiring the individual switch to the other input for the AND gate, and finally wiring the output for the AND gate to whatever you want the switch to control. You'll need to have a different AND gate for every switch.

BasicallyNuclear and Waffle-Chan like this.
  4. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

What about a signal extender, my wires aren't going as far as i need them to

5. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

I suggest using the "Bulb" wiring panel which I believe has both input and output nodes but simply lights up when powered. If I'm wrong about that though, you should try using either a Delay or Countdown switch.

BasicallyNuclear and Waffle-Chan like this.