1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make custom NPCs for your crew?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Encl4ve, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encl4ve

Encl4ve Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way to do it? I really want to have crew members which look like I wanted to. With custom skin colour, hair, hair colour and pose. Sorry for my english - I'm russian...

2. EvilCreature

EvilCreature Phantasmal Quasar

Make a tiny house on a planet (or on your ship if you have room) and place a colony deed. Whatever is in the house (furniture wise) will determine what type of NPC you get (scientist, guard, etc.). Next, constantly break the colony deed and place it again until an NPC spawns with the hair and pose you want. It'll probably take a while since it is random. Once you have what you want though, wait until the NPC gives a quest. Continue completing quests for that NPC, as many as possible, and eventually they'll ask to join your crew. I'm not entirely sure how the type of NPC (like if they're a scientist at the start) translates into a crew member though.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the set up on my ship (I have more rooms like this too on my ship):
    [​IMG]
    I am running some mods (including one that allows me to build my own ship) but the same set up will work on non-modded games as well (and on planets if you don't have room on your ship, and also windows/what you make the rooms out of is entirely up to you). I've already done some quests for these NPCs, which is why one has an a giant monitor on his room and the other has that blue light. Because this is on my ship though, I ignore quests that ask to build new homes. Even with ignoring those, I've managed to get two people to join my crew already. However, if you don't want to ignore those but don't want to put more rooms on your ship, you can always do the quest on a planet and just ignore the NPC that spawns with it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Jonesy likes this.
  3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

By default, not that I am aware of.

in modding, maybe.

I know there is a mod out there that you can hire a person on the spot. http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/job-offers-hire-anyone.3865/
    May not be what you are looking for, but it is as it says; hire on the spot without doing a quest or few for them.

It might be possible to mod such a thing, but I personally not into that sort of modding, and know very little in that area.

4. Number_16-_-

Number_16-_- Void-Bound Voyager

What I did, was go onto any random planet.

(Note: this uses admin commands.)

Type in the specific command "/Spawnnpc [Whatever race you want] Crewmember [outlaw, Chemist, Soldier, whatever]." Example: "/Spawnnpc Human CrewmemberSoldier".

This allows you to spawn in a crew member rather than finding one or using the tenant system. This is also a much faster way.

Also, if you want your crew member to be OP, type in nine nines after their Role. Example: "/Spawnnpc Hylotl Crewmemberoutlaw 999999999". This way, Your crew member has ALOT more health and gets a significant increase in damage.

For admin commands, type /Admin.
    Crew types:
    Soldier
    Janitor
    Engineer
    Mechanic
    Outlaw
    Medic
    Chemist
    Tailor

For more info on crew, visit https://starbounder.org/Crew
    For more info on Commands, Visit https://starbounder.org/Commands
    For more info on spawning NPC's, Visit https://starbounder.org/Spawn_NPC_Command

Thank you!

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Number_16-_- Please note the date. Necro-posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Going to lock this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.