1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help How to into Tunngle Server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Spectrumpigg, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Spectrumpigg

Spectrumpigg Aquatic Astronaut

Official Tunngle Server Guide

Step one:
    Download Tunngle! http://www.tunngle.net/community/files/file/571-tunngle-setup-v4514exe/

Step Two: Install and sign up!

Step Three: Follow images!

[​IMG]

1. Select Community
    2. Select Networks
    3. Private Networks!

[​IMG]

4. Make sure it's set to basic
    5. Make a network name and password for you and friends
    6. Network Range needs to be at standard!

[​IMG]

8. The virtual IP address needs to be written down for the next steps

Once you have these steps fulfilled. Go to starbound and start it up! Launch starbound server!

Don't worry if the command says shutting down server, it's not! Now go to the actual game. When you get to the main menu. Goto Multiplayer and you and your friends will need to put in the virtual IP since YOU ARE HOSTING!

HAVE FUN!

Mistress and RaveRaptor like this.
  2. RaveRaptor

RaveRaptor Void-Bound Voyager

I have it set up and everything, but my friend keeps getting the connection error where its the IP and the port. Any work around for it?

3. Spectrumpigg

Spectrumpigg Aquatic Astronaut

Don't add the port at all only the Virtual IP and that's it. You should be able to play together after that!

So if it says for you in the corner (if you're hosting) 1.22.33.4 then your buddy should input that same virtual IP without any :21250 at the end.

4. Blake7

Blake7 Master Chief

Sorry to necro, but my friend has been trying to host. We followed the steps but we keep getting a join failed error. We didn't add the port to the end of the IP but it keeps showing the 21025 at the end of it in the error. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Mistress likes this.
  5. Mistress

Mistress Orbital Explorer

Piggy-backing on the resurrection. Encountering similar issues. It's probably something I've overlooked, but help would be nice.