1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to heal a Glitch?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by warto1, May 19, 2017.

1. warto1

warto1 Space Hobo

The standard healing kits don't seem to work on a Glitch (seems reasonable), so how do you heal them?

2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Uhm, that's a bug, if they don't work for you. Either that, or you're playing with a mod like Frackin Universe, which changes how these things work, in which case you should probably ask in the appropriate mod topic.

3. warto1

warto1 Space Hobo

I'm not playing with any mods, so maybe I am bugged.
    I guess I'll restart and test it again.
    Thanks.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Here's a few tips with regards to healing: during early game, having a farm set up makes healing easy. Why? Well, you get both food, which will, if you eat enough, apply a passive regeneration effect (called Well Fed) that doesn't block normal healing, and sometimes it'll produce plant fiber as a byproduct, which can be used to craft healing items (just using the crafting menu accessed via the c key; you don't even need a crafting table). Using just a wheat farm alone works out fine, since bread, the most basic food product you can make using wheat, gives you increased health as a buff. Late-game, which is to say when you've got the final level of EPP (Cooling EPP), I recommend applying a Healing III augment to it; this augment is ridiculously good, since it means you can focus on killing bosses during boss fights rather than worrying about healing yourself, and if you're really close to death, it means you heal a lot faster, since the passive healing effect is pretty strong; one time, I fought a modded boss which was supposed to block all healing, and I managed to heal anyway because the healing rate from the augment combined with nanowrap bandages was more than the maker ever expected people to have. If you can't find one in chests, Lana, the Apex NPC, sells them randomly.

5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Even so, lore-wise, there is no reason why traditionnal healing methods shoud'nt work, cos it's being stated in a codex that Glitchs heals with bandages and things like that through placebo effect

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

how does a placebo weld a fissure in metal?

CF handwavium.

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'm presuming that whoever made the glitch installed some advanced nanorobotics that activate in response to things that would heal organics, to allow injuries to work properly in the simulation.

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

9. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they need to change the glitch death sound to something other than a fleshy squishy noise

10. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

but that codex is stupid, becaus eit means a glitch would unkillable as logn as he believes he is "fine". true damage done cannot be reversed by placeboo. it's one of the worst lore parts ever. Stuff made sense when the initial idea existed of racial foods and the glithc simply ate mechanical fruits which probably could act as spareparts or whatever. CF just threw out any sense of lore.

11. Proginoskes

Proginoskes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm guessing the bandages are like duct tape.
    ...But, then again, that's not good news for Apex and Avians...

Blevruz likes this.
  12. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

A glitch wouldn't become unkillable if it believed it was fine, and this is assuming it's even a thing that a Glitch can just believe. It would be a plain ol' robot. They still get physical injuries that need to be fixed by glitch doctors (which the codex says operate like mechanics, although they can't make the comparison, because Glitch don't see each other as mechanical). They just wouldn't get sick. Also, that codex didn't remove the possibility of mechanical Glitch crops being spare parts.

whipping post and D.M.G. like this.