How to get Statue of Perfection? I already have 4 candles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JackyCT, Apr 11, 2016.

1. JackyCT

JackyCT Intergalactic Tourist

I have 4 candles and don't know how to interact with Grandpa's Shrine, I cannot give him diamonds.

2016-04-10_21-40-48.jpg

• Tucumcari

Tucumcari Space Penguin Leader

Once you get the four candles, you should be able to interact with the shrine and it'll give you a prompt saying there's something tucked away behind the shrine. Try talking to it the next day maybe?

I don't think you can give the shrine more diamonds after you get the 4 candles.

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

My general advice would be trying to interact with the shrine when holding just one of your tools rather than a diamond.(cause maybe it thinks you are tyring to put another diamond in?) If that doesnt work, sleep a day and try interracting with it tomorrow. If that doesnt work, close game and start it up and try? Sometimes I have found when it comes to the grandfather shrine thing booting the game back up can sometimes kick it into action. Cause yeah, generally you just have to like right-click it or something like you would be when harvesting stuff and you should get the statue.

• JackyCT

No...even if I tried another day or interacted with him with nothing in my hands, still got nothing...

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Huh...weird. I'd almost say maybe ask for help in the support thread section cause someone who knows how to go into the page codes may have a way to reset something in there so it starts up proper? I wish I could be more help than that. Hopefully someone more competent than myself will show up and give a better bit of advice but I'm rooting for things to work out!

• grandlinegirl

grandlinegirl Void-Bound Voyager

I had 4 candles on my shrine and every time I talked to it, it just said there's space for a diamond. I didn't know anything about a statue! What does it do?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Gives 2-8 iridium ore every day.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Have you already interacted with him at the shrine, before? In other words, are you trying to get a return visit?

If not, and you haven't reached the third year yet, you should be at the shrine at the dawn of the first day of that year. But then, there should also have been a note on the shrine, telling you that.

• DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

I had no idea that statue gave those items lol I got it at the beginning of my third year and ignored it once I planted it in front of my house :p

• JackyCT

Yeah I've already got the third year and I met the grandpa on the first day of my third year (I met him when I entered my house, did I miss something?), I've already tried different days to visit the shrine, but got nothing.

Well after 70+ hrs playing I am trying to collect everything, now this one disappointed me a lot...

• KoboltWolf

KoboltWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

Huh. After grandpa talked to me, I just went to his shrine and automatically got the statue of perfection? didn't need to give it anything

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

You may need to manually reset the grading event? It sounds like your game possibly glitched.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Just to be sure: you tried having the diamond in your inventory highlighted, and then clicked on the shrine, correct? I know that seems pretty obvious, because it's the way everything else works int he game (the furnace, seed maker, kiln, etc), but I want to cover all the bases.

You're not running any mods, are you?

• JackyCT

I tried both (with and without diamond on my hand), but none works. The only mod I use is replacing some portraits, I don't think that matters...

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Have you bugged it in Support? Because it sounds like you're doing everything right, and nothing wrong.

• JackyCT

Reported. Thanks for the help, hope it can be fixed.

• Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

It takes a while after you give it a diamond, I can't remember if it was the next season or next year grampa showed up again and said I had improved greatly.
                                    After than you can go to the shrine and get the statue.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I recall reading it's next season from a couple of sources. I haven't gotten to that point yet, though, so I can't personally confirm this.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
                                      • meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

Only took one night for me.

• Sephreya

Sephreya Space Hobo

I only had 3 candles, then when I put the diamond in they disappeared. Help?