Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

This thread is no longer active. See how to update mods for SMAPI 2.0 instead.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Stardew Valley 1.2 is coming soon released! Most mods should work fine, but a few need to be updated.

What you need to do
    1. Install the latest version of SMAPI, which adds compatibility with Stardew Valley 1.2 and fixes many mods automatically.
    2. For each mod you have installed:
      • If it's listed below, follow the instructions for that mod to update it.
      • Otherwise, update to its latest version.
    3. If a mod is still failing, post a message in this thread and I'll help.
    Affected mods
    Mods officially updated:
    Mods I updated unofficially:
    Mods with workarounds:
    Mods not currently compatible:
    What about mods not listed here?
    Most SMAPI mods should work fine with Stardew Valley 1.2. Make sure you update to their latest version.

For players: If a mod stopped working in Stardew Valley 1.2 and updating it doesn't help, post a message in this thread and I'll help you figure it out. If the mod is incompatible, I'll let the author know, submit a pull request if the code is available, and possibly create an unofficial update if needed.

For mod authors: don't have time to update your mods? Post a message in this thread and I'll update them for you. :)

Continued from mod authors: I'll update your mods for Stardew 1.2 and SMAPI 1.9.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

(Don't download these files directly! Follow the instructions in the previous post instead.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
      • TheWiseOne13

TheWiseOne13 Void-Bound Voyager

• TheWiseOne13

TheWiseOne13 Void-Bound Voyager

The logs for the two mods above...

Attached Files:

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Is there any chance of Simple Sprinklers getting an update? I really prefer it over Better Sprinklers, and it seems like the mod author left it so people can edit it, but I'm not 100% certain. (I did try doing it myself but couldn't get the .dll to open. So... Yeah.)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@TheWiseOne13: I submitted a pull request to update the Skill Prestige Cooking Skill Adapter, and added an unofficial update to the first post. The NoSoilDecay source code isn't public, so unfortunately I can't update it; I contacted the author about community maintenance.

@Ghostly Fox: Yep, the source code seems to be available. I'll prepare an update tomorrow.

• nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

:-D Thank's

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ghostly Fox: I added an unofficial update for Simple Sprinklers; does that version work for you? (This version uses the standard config.json, so you'll need to migrate any existing settings from the config.ini file.)

• MiyuDiana

MiyuDiana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @MiyuDiana!
                  • Almighty Farming Tool and Point-And-Plant aren't open-source, so I can't update them. I notified the authors via the Nexus Mods page and offered to update them if they send me the code.
                  • Fast Geode isn't open-source either, but Fast Animations speeds up geode breaking too (among other things). :)

MiyuDiana likes this.
                  • MiyuDiana

MiyuDiana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks. I'll use Fast Animations. Now it is to wait for the authors to update the mods .. rsrsrs

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Both StarDustCore and Zoom Out Extreme are not compatible with SMAPI 1.9.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Minakie:
                        * You can remove StarDustCore. It's no longer used by Save Anywhere, despite what the mod page says.
                        * Zoom Out Extreme isn't open-source, so unfortunately I can't update it. I notified the author, and offered to update the code if they send it to me.

Minakie likes this.
                        • paragonbroscaa

paragonbroscaa Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@paragonbroscaa: I submitted a pull request to update the mod. In the meantime, I also added an unofficial update in the first post; does that version work for you?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

If you use Chest Label System, I added an unofficial update for it (and sent a pull request to the author). :)

Minakie and Ladysarajane like this.
                            • paragonbroscaa

paragonbroscaa Void-Bound Voyager

• pabtyf3

pabtyf3 Intergalactic Tourist

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@pabtyf3: I submitted a pull request to update Chest Pooling, and added an unofficial update in the first post. :)

Thread Status:
                              Not open for further replies.