1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to equip items from inventory

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bertiee, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Bertiee

Bertiee Space Hobo

Hi all

So this might be a daft question, but I haven't been able to find an answer searching online so far (possibly because I'm being stupid). How do / can you equip items from your inventory without assigning them to the hotbar?

So for example I made a campfire and wanted to place it. I only appeared to be able to select and place it with the inventory window open, when it would be easier if I could have it in my hands and then place it, but I could only do this if I assigned it to a hotkey and selected it that way.

Thanks!

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You need to open the inventory window, click the campfire, then drag it out of the inventory window. After it's outside the window, it'll act like it would if it was in your inventory.

3. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

The inventory window can be moved.

Tamorr likes this.
  4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

More like it needs to be moved if you want to place things around you. Just off to the side, and you can move the window even with an item on the curser.

Fiben Bolger likes this.
  5. Bertiee

Bertiee Space Hobo

I knew that, it's just a bit of a faff with the inventory window on the screen - suppose I'll just have to move the window round and live with it!

Thanks all

Tamorr likes this.
  6. D-16

D-16 Spaceman Spiff

also, keep in mind the drop shadows from the inventory window will interfere with clicking anything not the inventory window.

Tamorr likes this.