Modding Help How to create new animations?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SomeCrazyHobo, Mar 13, 2014.

1. SomeCrazyHobo

SomeCrazyHobo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can someone give me the general idea on how to create NEW animations (not modify existing ones), such that for instance if I were to press "Z" (or some unused hotkey) the custom animation would be played? Can this method also be used to create custom attacks, for instance? And what kind of animations would you like to see in the game :D

2. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I have never dealt with the player animations, but for any other object/monster you need to first go in and edit the image file(s) to include your animation frames. You then need to edit the .frames file to take into account your changes and the .animation file to set your frames as an animation state. You would then call that state using setanimationstate("yourstatehere")

Like I said, I know this works with monsters and place-able objects but there may be additional complications with the player themselves. I also do not know how to tie the animation to a key.

SomeCrazyHobo likes this.
  3. SomeCrazyHobo

SomeCrazyHobo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've been trying to figure it out for a while too but the information on how to do it is really sparse, though you have given me an idea on how to go about it. Guess I will have to try and figure out, thanks for the help!