1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Important How to Access New Builds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gangwarily, May 13, 2013.

1. gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

1. Follow the link to your Humble Store download page given by the "Your Risk of Rain Kickstarter Tier 2 order is ready" email.

2. There should be a little message saying "New version posted: 2013-05-13 at 11:05" (The date and time will different for each build released).

3. Click the download button to download the file. Make sure to check the version number to make sure it's the new one. Make sure to extract the files out of the .zip as well!

Have fun!

Millways, Jermex, Draken09 and 4 others like this.
    • Pastuleio

Pastuleio Risk of Rain Developer

Thank you gangwarily! :)

Jermex likes this.
      • Combiecola

Combiecola Space Hobo

How do you/ is there a way to keep your save file? When I changed to the new beta, I lost all of my items and monster logs :(

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

You probably just need to copy over the Save.ini file to your new folder of stuff. Be aware though that as builds changes, different information may be stored in the file, and using files from previous builds could very well either corrupt or really confuse the game...

Restarter000 likes this.
          • gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

Pastuleio and I will be using fresh saves on every build. Just to make sure that the bugs being reported isn't an issue with version transfers ;)

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Exactly; that would be my suggestion too.