Modding Help How much content am I missing out on?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by adi1209, Jun 28, 2019.

?

Is this something that locks me out of modded content?

Poll closed Jun 27, 2020.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. adi1209

adi1209 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey guys!
    Don't worry, my game is running fine. You probably get asked a bunch how to fix that when it comes to modding.
    Anyway, I couldn't help but notice the line

"Could not instantiate item '[RandomItemName, 1, {}]'. (ItemException) No such item 'RandomItemName' "

appear countless times in the log and I wanted to leave some questions about that.
    • Does this really mean that the item could not have been instantiated fully and is now missing from the mod? OR
    • Does this mean that the item has been replaced by another and now cannot be found within the game's files as it tries to instantiate those first?

The reason I am asking this is because I have installed 338 (yeah I know) mods and after I went into the game it didn't seem like a lot of it changed at first glance. Of course I'm going to keep playing and enjoying it as Starbound is great as it is already, but I was just getting a little worried that I have spent 2 hours downloading every mod that my eyes have randomly fallen onto just to have 30% of it blocked out due to it just maybe being too much.

Thank you for reading and also maybe answering!
    Have fun playing Starbound you all!

Errorbanner .PNG

2. adi1209

adi1209 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey you Bingus, you totally didn't read the stickies! Get off my forum you nonexistant dongle!

https://community.playstarbound.com...ors-fixing-most-problems-yourself-v1-1.69198/

I guess I understand now? At least it seems like it's something that is not caused by me having over half of the workshop.
    (edit: of course i still appreciate all the clarification if you have more than the error explanation offers)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

More than likely one mod is overwriting files that another needs due to authors not actually know how to mod properly. Lazy mod authors use dirty edits - which causes issues for everyone else.

Best way to find out is uninstall all the mods and keep adding 20 at a time until the errors stop or you narrow it down to a batch of 20 that does result in the errors.