1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you guy's play with Frackin' Universe?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ElliotSB, Apr 19, 2020.

?

Do you play with Frackin' Universe?

1. Yes, I play with Frackin' Universe.

42.9%
  2. No, I play vanilla.

28.6%
  3. No, I play with other mods though.

28.6%
  1. ElliotSB

ElliotSB Void-Bound Voyager

I like Frackin' Universe so far, but get huge lag at the science outpost and at other parts of the game because of it. I might stop using it and just get other mods, but I don't wanna feel like a LOSER! How many of you guys use Frackin' Universe I don't wanna feel lame.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I used to play with FU mod, but after playing it for a while, I feel like the mod is like a huge pile of content of random content taken from other mod. I mean I know FU is a collective of mod, but it makes the mod looks inconsistent and untidy, and many (not all) of its content is not polished. So yeah, I do like some of its system, like that bee-keeping thing and some of the vehicle, but yeah, just that, while the rest makes me frustrated. I don't play FU anymore.

Besides my main reason above, yeah, it lags the game a lot which makes the game less enjoyable.

Anyhow, if it comes to mod, I prefer a small mod that are well polished, but preferably race mod. Right now, my favorite mod and the mod I usually play (when I got bored of the vanilla) are the Avikan Race mod and some other small race mod that has some interesting lore.

And my opinion above, I don't mean to say bad to FU mod or to say that I don't like it. It's just that kind of mod is not my taste.

Ickura likes this.
  3. ElliotSB

ElliotSB Void-Bound Voyager

Yea I might just compile some mods that change the game a bit to my liking, and maybe see if there are some mods that add the things I liked about FU that I can add as well. I liked a lot of stuff from beta so I might add like the sandbox mod.