How long until they will talk to me again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by midnightsky, May 7, 2018.

1. midnightsky

midnightsky Void-Bound Voyager

Before the update I spent a lot of time becoming friends with the townspeople. I was at high heart levels with everyone. However I never gave a bouquet to anyone. I was never officially girlfriend with anyone. But even so, all the girls and boys “dumped” me despite not being in a relationship with anyone and now no one will talk to me.

I’m very pissed off. I worked hard a long time for these relationships. I don’t know if it’s a bug or what, but I thought that was supposed to happen to people with multiple girlfriends/boyfriends

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

Did you have 10 hearts with everyone? I think that's the requirement for the cutscene, not so much official boyfriend/girlfriend status, so if there's a mod or an exploit that would let you have that without giving bouquets to anyone then you could end up with the cutscenes since the game normally caps off marriage candidate relationships at 8.

In any case, I think it's about a week or two for them to talk to you again. Not too long.

Fuzzyman likes this.
      • midnightsky

midnightsky Void-Bound Voyager

I had all the marriageable candidates up to 8 hearts. I never gave any bouquets because I was never sure if I wanted to be with anyone.

I’m glad to hear that they will start talking to me soon. Thank you!

• Korizain

Korizain Space Hobo

Is this confirmed now? I've only just had this event happen and I want to know that I don't have to restart or add a new mod, didn't want to date them all anyway.
          Please let me know that they will talk to me again and I can still marry one.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i'm nervous now, i have about half the town over 6 hearts and i am super worried about being nice to people if they are all going to get offended by it

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, there is no lasting damage from the breakup cutscenes. After a short period they will forget it's happened and I don't think it even has an effect on heart levels.

• JazeQ

JazeQ Star Wrangler

I saw on a youtube video that it lasted for about a week and if you have a rabbits foot on the inventory instead of having the "break up scene" to be triggered you'll see them gossiping about the mayor and marnie thoo i havent tried this out my self :catwink:

• Korizain

Korizain Space Hobo

That's good, I played through legit one time got ghe community centre done, matried, kids etc and then started up a modded game with modded everything, cheated everyone to 10 hearts and now I'm like day 6 spring and they all hate me, talk about back fire lol

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I'm at 10 hearts with the bachelorettes on a post multiplayer update save... should I worry?

• BentFX

BentFX Cosmic Narwhal

No, there's no lasting damage and if you're carrying a rabbit's foot when you trigger the cutscene there's no damage at all.

• Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Looks like I need a rabbit's foot then! thanks!

BentFX likes this.